Where are generated passwords saved?

Options
mlevison
mlevison
Community Member

As part of my fun week, switching from LastPass, I'm updating many many account passwords. A few minutes, I updated the password for my Presto card. Before I could accept the update in 1Password, the page had refreshed. Now the password seems lost. How do I find it again.

My trick in the lastpass days was to copy the password to the clipboard when it was generated to avoid problems of this nature.

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: macOS 13.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hey there @mlevison

Welcome to 1Password! If you generated the new password in your browser, you can find the history for the password generator like this:

1. Click 1Password in the toolbar of your browser.
    2. Choose the (≡) menu button near the top-right of the pop-up, then Password Generator.
    3. At the bottom, you'll see Password Generator History. Click it, and you'll see a history with timestamps and the website you were on.

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

• mlevison
    mlevison
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks that was the magic hint I needed. FWIW Is it possible to find them via the main app or just the browser extension.

• @mlevison

You're welcome! If you generate a password in the main 1Password app, it'll be as a new Password item, which you would either Save or Discard when you've finished with it. In that case, clicking "Discard Changes" is a very deliberate action, and the button is red to emphasise it.

This discussion has been closed.