Why are there in-line suggestions when Auto Fill is completely turned off?

OAW
OAW
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I’ve completely turned off Auto Fill as I’ve become annoyed by the in-line suggestion icon and drop down obscuring content. Particularly on fields where auto-filling is n/a. But the in-line suggestions display nonetheless. What’s up with that?

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: 8.9.7
OS Version: iPadOS 16.3
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hey @OAW,

It looks like you still have 1Password for Safari enabled, here is how you can disable this:

1. Open Safari and navigate to any website.
    2. Tap the Aa button in the address bar, then choose Manage Extensions. (If you're using an iPad, tap the Jigsaw piece button in the address bar.)
    3. Turn off 1Password, then tap Done.

I hope this helps!

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member

@steph.giles Thanks that does help. But what would be better is if I could keep 1PW for Safari enabled but we had the following options:

A. “Show autofill menu on field focus” option in mobile Safari just like in desktop Safari. Just being able to prevent the autofill menu from automatically opening would be a godsend!

B. The cherry on top would be the ability to enable/disable autofill functionality by category:

• Identities
    • Logins
    • Credit Cards
  • Dogma
    Dogma
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

I agree with OAW. I want to be able to use 1Password in a browser, to enter my credentials when I need to log in to a website (i.e. a bank). But I want to disable the autofill feature that pops up and blocks entry fields on sites where I don't have an account. Alternatively, you could just move the pop-up box so it doesn't cover the fields on the web form. This seems like an obvious feature. I mean, why block the entry fields?
    Mike

• Hey @OAW, @Dogma,

I agree and can definitely see the value in adding this functionality. I have passed your suggestions on to our product team for consideration for future updates.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know ways in which we can improve 1Password. Let us know if you have any further questions.

ref: PB-29910183

• Mycenius
    Mycenius
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

@Dogma, good point:

Alternatively, you could just move the pop-up box so it doesn't cover the fields on the web form. This seems like an obvious feature. I mean, why block the entry fields?

I get this all the time,. its really frustrating, even when you legitimately want to fill with 1PW it often covers another field or a drop down list or similar that you 'need' to see before you confirm autofill by 1PW... So great suggestion.

• Thanks for your feedback @Mycenius, I have passed it on to the team.

ref: dev/core/core#9970

This discussion has been closed.