1Password for Safari still on version 2.4.1

Yesterday I was installing some app updates via the App Store on my MacBook and found out that the 1Password extension for Safari has not been updated for a while.
So I went to compare the version number that I have installed with 1Password releases page and found out that the Chrome extension is already at version number 2.5.1, and has a few extra improvements that are not yet found in the Safari extension.

Why is the Safari extension lagging behind the Chrome and Firefox extensions?

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: macOS Ventura 13.1
Browser:_ Safari 16.2

Comments

• julsssark
    julsssark
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

+1. The browser extension still is a bit flakey (e.g., autofill sometimes stop working, sometimes I can't save a new login, logins don't reliably sync, etc.).

• Martijnn
    Martijnn
    Community Member

@julsssark I also experience these issues and sometimes have to fiddle with the extension a bit to get it to work properly.
    Otherwise I will have to use Firefox temporarily.

• Hey everyone,

There will be further updates to 1Password for Safari. Generally speaking, we try to keep updates coming evenly across operating systems and browsers, but it's not always possible to maintain that 100% due to platform-specific requirements, APIs, and a lengthy list of secondary considerations. We certainly care quite a lot about Safari and want to provide the best possible experience for you there. We are working to get an update to your soon.

Thank you for your patience!

• julsssark
    julsssark
    Community Member

Thanks for the update Steph. I suggest adding a table to the release notes indicating which version is the latest available for each browser platform.

• You're welcome @julsssark, I have passed this feedback on.

Thank you!

ref: PB-29810279

This discussion has been closed.