Can't see or login from Shared vault using 1password 8 extension on Firefox

ph1psupport
ph1psupport
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm new but may be stupid question. I moved a login to the default Families account SHARED vault but I don't understand how to access that login. The 1password extension on Firefox only shows me items in my PRIVATE vault and I don't see any option to change the vault it is presenting me to use for login.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Browser:_ Firefox
Referrer: forum-search:Can't see or login from Shared vault using 1password 8 extension on Firefox

Comments

• ph1psupport
    ph1psupport
    Community Member

Ok. I guess it just automatically appears when you bring that site up to login. Since I made a copy of the login, I now see 2 copies of the login when I bring up the site. No indication where they are coming from but I guess that doesn't matter. Presumably you don't need to change to that vault although I expected the extension to at least let me do that to review what logins are in a particular vault. Sharing seems to be transparent which is good for direct login use I suppose.

• Hi @ph1psupport

You're ahead of me here! Yes, 1Password in the browser will show you items from any vaults you have turned on in the extension's settings. To change those (if you need to), here's what to do:

1. Right-click 1Password in the toolbar of your browser.
    2. Click Settings in the menu that appears.
    3. Scroll to the bottom of the Settings page to the Accounts & Vaults section and uncheck the box on any vault whose items you don't want 1Password to suggest.

Hope that helps. I'll be here if you need anything. :)

— Grey

• ph1psupport
    ph1psupport
    Community Member

Thanks. Good extra info.

• @ph1psupport

On behalf of Grey, you are most welcome.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all!

This discussion has been closed.