Changing family member in Chrome extension

Options
Basjoe
Basjoe
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm sure this is an easy one, but I can't find a relevant help page. The chrome browser extension is logged into 1P.
1. How can I see which family member it is logged in with ?
2. I want to log it out, and a different family member log in. How is this achieved ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Ben
    Options

@Basjoe

Hello again. 👋

1. How can I see which family member it is logged in with ?

Right click on the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar and select Settings. From there, scroll to the bottom, and you can see which account(s) have been added.

1. I want to log it out, and a different family member log in. How is this achieved ?

1Password does not support account switching. If multiple people are sharing a device, we would recommend having that separation be at the operating system user account level.

Add or remove accounts on your PC - Microsoft Support

If that isn't feasible then a separate Chrome profile may be appropriate, but only one user would be able to use the Integrate with 1Password app setting of the browser extension (otherwise the other profile will also sync the logged in account from the desktop app).

Use Chrome with multiple profiles - Google Chrome Help

Ben

• Basjoe
    Basjoe
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your answers Ben,
    Bombshell ! That answer to question 2 is going to cause insurmountable problems for us. I guess you must have sound reasons for imposing such a huge constraint. We're talking it over right now, but it looks like the only answer would be to share one identity.
    1. Does that mean that an individual account would be more appropriate for us ?
    2. Does the system impose any constraints on a single individual being logged on to two machines simultaneously ?

This discussion has been closed.