1Password on Mastodon

Can't search within Secure Note

BaldnerBaldner
Community Member

I am using 8.9.11. I, too, am frustrated by the lack of ability of search within a Secure Note, a feature that existed in previous versions of 1Password. I open "edit" of the secure note and then hit Command F. The search window opens with the vault information already entered (e.g., ==vault:Personal). If I add my search term to that string, the results I get are a list of places within the vault that contain the term. I get the same results if I delete that string and type in my search term by itself. But I cannot search within the open Secure Note for the occurrence of that term. It seems from other posts here that this feature has been removed. If so, add my vote to returning it as soon as possible. If this feature is still available, can you tell me how to accomplish it? Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ventura 13.1
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:search inside secure notes

Comments

• Kester.D_1PKester.D_1P

Team Member

Hi @Baldner πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Sorry for any interruption to your workflow that this has caused. There is a feature request currently open with our Product Team regarding searching the contents of Secure Notes. I've added your feedback there. πŸ™‚

• BaldnerBaldner
    Community Member

Thank you.

• PeterG_1PPeterG_1P

Team Member

Sure thing, @Baldner, and thank you for your post. We're happy to help!

• c4jeffc4jeff
    Community Member

I commented on another thread back in October but want to add another vote, please bring back this ability! My team will never be able to upgrade to v8 without being able to search within Secure Notes, it's vital to our ability to function.

Also, I'm not sure if this has been resolved since I last tested in October, but please bring back the search auto-populating the entire results in the window like v7. When I last tested v8 it had a separate dropdown of results instead and if you hit Enter it would open the top result, you had to hit something like CMD+Enter to get all the results and it was a complete disaster, no idea why you'd break something that was working great.

• jtekjtek
    Community Member

Just switched to 1Password and it is really hard to find anything in long secure notes without being able to search through the text. Using Windows Application. +11111111

• hardybirdhardybird
    Community Member

+1 A lot of us recent Lastpass converts REALLY need the ability to search all of the Notes contents in order to get our info organized in 1Password. Notes search is a critical functionality and I hope (pray) that the developers have this as a high priority.

• andrew.l_1Pandrew.l_1P

Team Member

@c4jeff,

Thanks for your additional input, I can confirm your earlier feedback was recorded and have included what you mentioned here about how search results function. If you have any examples of how you or your team are using Secure Notes to store data, I'm happy to include those as well. πŸ™‚

@jtek and @hardybird,

Welcome to 1Password! I'm sorry to hear this is creating some friction with your onboarding experiences. I've recorded your feedback for the rest of the team and appreciate you letting us know this is important to you. Let me know if I can help with anything in the meantime!

ref: PB-30507743

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file