Is it possible to turn off the confirmation each time the form filler is accessed?

phirenze
phirenze
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

At some point late last year I started getting a pop up every single time a form accesses 1P to fill info (name, address, email, etc). The box pops up and asks if it is ok to populate the form. "Click OK to fill your 1Password item on xyz.com". This is super annoying - can I turn this off? I already manually selected the data set (that pops up under the form field) therefore giving it permission to fill the form. I don't want to have to give approval twice.

1Password Version: 8.9.10
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: mac OS 11.5.2
Browser:_ Chrome 108.0.5359.124

Comments

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni

Hi @phirenze - Thanks for reaching out here. 🙂

Due to this authorization prompt being an extra security measure, it isn't possible to turn it off. I'm sorry for any interruption in your workflow caused by this. However, you can use this method to fill a form and you won't see that authorization:

1. Left click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar.
    2. Click 'Autofill' on the item you'd like to fill into the form.

Let us know how you get on!

• phirenze
    phirenze
    Community Member

Thanks for your response. Using the method you mentioned doesn't save any workflow steps / time. It possibly takes longer. You say this duplicative approval to fill the form is an "extra security measure". But why is 1P mandating that I approve twice to fill a form and not giving me the option? I should be able to turn this off. And just as or more annoying - the pop up appears about 12 inches away from my form. So far I don't even see it pop up in my peripheral vision. And sometimes I sit there waiting for the form to populate forgetting that I need to approve this action twice. Then I have to move my cursor 12 inches across the screen to say ok please do what I've already asked you to do. This really should be optional. I should get to decide if I want double approval. And if not - how about making the pop up appear somewhere in the vicinity of the form?

And I'm going to disagree with security risk. There is no risk for me - I'm working on my own personal computer in my home. Ugh. this is the most annoying thing about your tool right now. I use form filling constantly in my workflow. It's slowing me down and a huge negative to using 1P.

Please consider making this optional. Why would this not be left to the user to decide?

• Hey @phirenze,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I can definitely see where you are coming from and I agree that making this optional for users is a good idea.

I have passed your feedback on to our product team for consideration. Thank you for taking the time to let us know ways in which you feel we can improve 1Password.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all!

ref: PB-30290015

This discussion has been closed.