Trying to update a password, but the site doesn't like the passwords 1password generates. So I try

Trying to update a password, but the site doesn't like the passwords 1password generates. So I try to enter one I make up myself. But 1password won't let me enter that; it just prompts with another suggested password.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: macOS
Browser:_ Firefox
Referrer: forum-search:Trying to update a password, but the site doesn'

Comments

• David_Wall
    David_Wall
    Community Member

Actually, after posting the problem above, the behavior changed. Now I enter my password, click to save it and 1password prompts about updating its (preexisting) password for this site. I say yes, and have 1password save the update, then return to the site to save the password there, but I'm stuck in a loop again of having 1password repeatedly ask about saving the update. So I'm still stuck. Have to make the update using a different browser? But this seems like a bug, no?

• @David_Wall I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues updating your password on a website with 1Password.

Does this only happen with a specific website? If so, would you mind sharing the URL with me so I can do some testing on my end?

If you are using 1Password in the browser, you can customize the Password Generator settings to provide you with a password that meets the website's criteria with the following steps:

1. Click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar.
    2. Click the symbol with three parallel lines inside a circle.
    3. Choose 'Password Generator'
    4. If you change the 'Type' to random password, memorable password or PIN Code you can configure what is included in the generated passwords. You can also toggle on 'Use as default for suggestions' to have 1Password always suggest passwords with the parameters you chose.

I hope that information was helpful, let me know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.