"Improved Autofill Suggestions": Suggestion list has weird entries

TravelSD
TravelSD
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Just saw the Improved Autofill Suggestions beta feature, which I turned on. I have a Synology NAS, on which I run several services on different ports but the same IPv4 address. Prior to turning the Improved Autofill Suggestions feature on, I'd get a list of 5+ items which was painful. Now, with the feature ON, I'm seeing "odd" items in the suggested list:

1. The suggested list is cleaned up, but I'm seeing TWO entries that are present in my "archive". These two entries were NOT listed in the list of login suggestions when Improved Autofill Suggestions is turned OFF.
  2. I'm seeing a double entry in the drop down for an item that only appears once in my vault.

I'm super excited to see the long running "exact matching" URL feature come into the product as experimental, but seems buggy. I'd be glad to provide screenshots privately to 1P support showing the issues.

1Password Version: 8.9.12
Extension Version: 2.6.1 for Edge
OS Version: Mac Ventura
Browser:_ Edge

Comments

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni

Hey @TravelSD Thanks for sharing your insight on this experimental feature 🙂

The behaviour you mentioned is known by our development team, and we are continually working to improve things. With the current experimental stage some oddities are expected. I'm sorry for any trouble caused by what you're seeing.

That being said, we have added a feature in the beta version of the 1Password app (desktop app), that I believe is more in line with what you're after here. If you're up for trying it out, here's how to do that:

1. Open the 1Password app.
    2. Right click the 1Password icon in the macOS menu bar (up near the clock) and select 'Settings'.
    3. Select the Advanced section from the left sidebar.
    4. Under Release channel select 'Beta'.
    5. Click the About section from the left sidebar.
    6. Click on 'Check for Updates' (if the update isn't showing already)
    7. Click 'Restart 1Password' to install this update.

Once you're on the beta version, you can select one of your login items, click 'Edit' and then click on this button from the URL to see the Autofill Behaviour options:

Let us know how you get on!

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member

@paul.m_1p Ya I've had the beta channel selected for a while (was always on 1P7 beta). But for some reason on my Mac it shows beta channel for updates, but I'm only running production even after numerous reboots and checking for updates. I had a post in the Mac beta forum this morning about that issue.

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member

To follow up, I changed the setting to "nightly" and that did kick off a software update. I changed the setting back to beta, and nothing for an update. About page still shows "NIGHTLY" channel. I'd prefer to be on beta not nightly.

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member

@paul.m_1p Well even on the nightly build the "never fill" option doesn't have any effect on the login suggestions for my synology.

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni

Hey @TravelSD - Thanks for the follow up on this.

I've done some testing on my end and I'm seeing the same behaviour as well in the latest beta. I've raised an internal report to let our development team know about this. With the feature still being in the experimental phase, it seems there are a few kinks to work out. Thanks for your continued patience and support while we work on further improvements!

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member

@paul.m_1p perfect thanks. Really love after MANY MANY years of wishing 1P had this feature that it's finally gaining developer attention. I hope it has similar flexibility to Bitwarden.

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni

@TravelSD - You're most welcome! I'm glad you're as excited as we are about this new upcoming feature 🙂

This discussion has been closed.