Sync Login Between Two Vaults

DeanH1234
DeanH1234
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I see posts in the community forums going back to 2013 requesting this feature. So ... TEN YEARS now people have been asking for the ability to sync login info for certain domains between two vaults. I understand there are technical and security hurdles to overcome in order to offer this feature, but really, still working on it? Please implement this feature. Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sync login between two vaults

Comments

• Hey @DeanH1234,

Thank you for your suggestion, I'd love to pass your use case on to our product team for consideration. Can you provide me with an example of when this functionality would be useful to you?

Thanks!

• DeanH1234
    DeanH1234
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

I have several different vaults in 1Password and several different profiles in the Google Chrome browser. Each vault is assigned to a different profile -- that way, when I login to a website, the proper login credentials are selected for that profile. However, there are a few websites that use the same login info, regardless of profile. I want to "mirror" the login info for those websites so they stay in sync. Thanks.

• Hi @DeanH1234,

Thank you for getting back to me with this information, I have been having a think to see how we can achieve this behaviour for you.

Have you considered creating a separate vault for these particular items and then enabling that vault in each profile? That way you won't need duplicate items for these websites just one item that you will be able to use in each profile.

I hope this makes sense, let me know if you have any questions!

• DeanH1234
    DeanH1234
    Community Member

As I was writing my reply to you yesterday, I thought of this same solution. I can certainly try that, but it's a bit cumbersome. A cleaner solution would be to have an additional option when moving a login to another vault ... move or COPY/MIRROR. Currently, I duplicate the login and put the duplicate in the other vault, but they won't stay in sync if the login info changes - I'd have to update them separately. But yes, the additional shared vault should work, just not an elegant solution. Thank you

• Thanks for getting back to me @DeanH1234, I have passed your feedback on to our Product team.

I hope this workaround can help in the meantime!

ref: PB-30262873

This discussion has been closed.