Not Family Plan; Family Usability

matchen
matchen
Community Member

Many people tell the same story. I have a family plan, but no one in my family but me will use it.

The tool works well and easily 80% of the time. The rest of the time the problems are sufficient to keep my wife off the system.

And I get it. Sometimes it's a site with an unconventional login. I assume you have all the research. I hope you are laser focused on the usability that prevents non-technical people from using it. You need user panels, not of your users, but of their skeptical spouses and children.

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 13.1
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hello @matchen! 👋

I'm sorry that your family ran into friction that is preventing them from using 1Password. We're continually working to make 1Password easier to use and more human so that everyone's digital lives can be protected regardless of their technical ability.

We have various teams at 1Password that are indeed running research with regular users to learn what is and isn't working in 1Password. If you're interested in voicing your opinion then you can learn more here: 1Password Research Community — 1Password Support Community

Regarding the issues that your wife ran into, we have a pretty great support team over on the email side. If she's open to it then please ask her to send an email to support@1Password.com and one of my colleagues will work with her to get 1Password working for her. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.