"sign in with..." popup never goes away

skunkwerks
skunkwerks
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

this is a great feature IMO, thanks.

However, the popup appears even if I'm already logged into the page (like after restarting browser), and never goes away, even if I log out/into the web app again.

This is extremely inconvenient as it obscures all text and menu items that appear on the top right hand side of the page:

This specific example is for an app that uses github OAuth, but I guess this applies everywhere?

1. What's needed for the popup to disappear?
  2. If not, is it possible to disable this feature per URL or website?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: FreeBSD 14.0-CURRENT
Browser: Firefox 109

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @skunkwerks!

the popup appears even if I'm already logged into the page (like after restarting browser), and never goes away, even if I log out/into the web app again.
    This specific example is for an app that uses github OAuth, but I guess this applies everywhere?

This definitely doesn't sound right at all. What website are you seeing this on?

What's needed for the popup to disappear?

If you can let us know which website you're seeing this on, we can take a look and potentially report the issue to our devs.

If not, is it possible to disable this feature per URL or website?

This is not yet possible, but we do have a feature request for it. Did you want us to add your voice to that request?

• skunkwerks
    skunkwerks
    Community Member

actually it happens on any website I use this with. I can send the URL over private message.

• Hey @skunkwerks,

Can you send over a link to a website you are experiencing this on so I can try to replicate the behaviour?

Feel free to send this in an email to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• skunkwerks
    skunkwerks
    Community Member

[#CHM-42556-717]

• @skunkworks

Thanks. We have your submission. Someone from the team will be with you as soon as possible.

ref: CHM-42556-717

This discussion has been closed.