1Password on Mastodon

Death and Succession

NicholasANicholasA
Community Member

I suspect that I am not alone in having recently migrated from LastPass to 1Password - and on the whole it has been a positive experience. But one feature of LastPass that I miss is the possibility of designating someone (or some people) as successors in the event of my death/incapacity. The LastPass feature allows the nominated successor to trigger access to my (former account) - but there is notification to me - and then a waiting period before access to my account is unlocked (and some more notifications). It is something I do worry about, as I have the keys to the universe for various family accounts, and there needs to be a way for my attorneys or executors to access these in the event of incapacity or death.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Tertius3Tertius3
    Community Member

Currently, there is no digital legacy feature. You can print your emergency kit, add master password and mfa QR code, and give this to your attorneys and executors, so they can hand it over to whoever is designated in your will in case of death.

• Dave_1PDave_1P

Team Member
    edited January 27

Hello @NicholasA! πŸ‘‹

@Tertius3 is correct (thank you for responding!) that the best option at the moment is to download and print your Emergency Kit, write your account password on the Emergency Kit, and then store it somewhere secure where your family members or executors will be able to access it in case of an emergency.

That being said, our product team is looking into estate planning for 1Password and I've forwarded your feedback to them so that they're aware of how important a feature you would find this.

Let me know if you have any questions. πŸ™‚

-Dave

ref: PB-30552092

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file