Major Bug in 1Password 7.9.9

romad
romad
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I updated from 1Pwd 7.9.8 to 7.9.9 this morning but now whenever I go to log in to a site I'm asked to unlock 1Password. HOWEVER, clicking on the "Unlock 1Password" button no longer does anything. I have to now manually launch 1Password but even then I still get the non-responsive button so I have to go back 1Password.app, look up the login info for the site, then manually enter the data.

I have these questions:
1. How do I go back to version 7.9.8 WHICH WORKED?
2. When will this bug be fixed?

1Password Version: 7.9.9
Extension Version: 7.9.9
OS Version: MacOS 10.13.6
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hello @romad! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble unlocking 1Password in the browser. I can't reproduce this issue using Safari and 1Password 7.9.9, are you using a different browser by any chance? Can you try the following steps:

1. Close all open web browsers.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon at the top of your Mac's screen and then click Quit 1Password Completely. Wait until the icon disappears.
    3. Double-click on 1Password from your Mac's Application folder.
    4. Open your web browser.

Let me know if that fixes the issue. I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• romad
    romad
    Community Member

Thanks, Dave, that seems to have worked. I'll see if it works at other sites during the day and also after I boot-up the iMac tomorrow morning. I had restarted Safari but hadn't done a complete quit of 1Password.

• @romad

I'm happy to hear that the steps helped. If you do run into any other issues then let me know. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.