Firefox 1P8 extension stays locked even if 1Password main app is unlocked

Options
entropicCoffee
entropicCoffee
Community Member

Even if I have unlocked 1P8 for macOS, which I have set to never lock (my choice I know the risks) and 1P8 extension for Firefox is set to never lock, everytime I restart Firefox, I have to manually type in the password in the Firefox extension to use it, otherwise it stays locked. Also, for some reason, the extension doesn't allow TouchID on my MPB M1 14". The Safari extension never has any of these problems.

1Password Version: 8.9.14
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: macOS 13.2
Browser:_ Firefox 109.0
Referrer: forum-search:firefox ectension locked

Comments

• Ollie6
    Ollie6
    Community Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

My issue is a little different but similar. And I noticed this just after latest 1Password update.

If I unlock the 1P8 main App, it no longer unlocks in Firefox - I have to unlock it again within Firefox.

If I unlock the Firefox browser extension, it no longer also unlocks the main 1P8 App.

Hopefully support can address this soon.

EDIT: Just saw they released version 8.9.15 and that has fixed my issues. Check and see if updating helps, OP.

• Thanks for the edit @Olie6

Let us know how you fare @entropicCoffee after updating to 8.9.15

I would also look into updating 1Password in the browser. You will hopefully see 2.6.0 as an update.

• TRex2022
    TRex2022
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    is there any change on the issue Olli6 has mentioned?
    I still have the problem that i need to unlock both ... app and browser ... separate!
    Thanks for your help!

• ag_tommy
    Options

@TRex2022

Try the following if you would and let us know how you fare.

1. Turn off - 1Password > Preferences (Settings) > Browser: Connect with 1Password in the browser
    2. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon, selecting Settings (General Tab) and then disable Integrate with 1Password app.
    3. Quit the browser completely! A full quit, not a close or minimize to the dock.
    4. Quit 1Password. Look for our helper in the menu bar and then right-click and select quit.
    5. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock.
    6. Turn On - 1Password > Preferences (Settings) > Browser: Connect with 1Password in the browser
    7. Open your browser.
    8. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon, selecting Settings (General Tab) and then enable Integrate with 1Password app.
  • TRex2022
    TRex2022
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Tommy,
    excellent ... all went well!!! Thanks for your help.
    Wishing you a sunny weekend
    Thorsten

• That's great @TRex2022.

I hope you too have a wonderful weekend!

• TRex2022
    TRex2022
    Community Member
    Options

👍Of course 😎 you to 🤗

• Blake
    edited May 2023
    Options

Closing this thread out as resolved.

If you're reading this and still need help, feel free to make another thread! 🙂

This discussion has been closed.