Masked Emails: 2 Feature requests

gct3o
gct3o
Community Member
edited February 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I have a couple of feature requests tied to the integration you provide with Fastmail's Masked Emails.
1. Is it possible to include some sort of identifier that would identify masked email addresses in the items we have in our 1Password databases? Might seem like an odd request but it would help when my wife looks at items I have created using masked email addresses, especially if I am no longer around to tell her what I did.
2. I would like to be able to create masked email addresses using multiple Fastmail accounts. I did take a look and the integration page did not seem to have a way of doing this that I could decipher.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Masked Emails - Identify when using masked email, create masked emails from multiple accounts

Comments

• Hey, @gct3o.

For your first question, can you expand on what you're looking for or would hope to see? One thing that's different for these items is they're going to have "email" fields instead of (or in addition to) "username" fields.

For your second question, this is possible! I didn't actually know the answer myself until I tested it out just now. To do so,

• Sign in to your 1Password account on the web
    • Click "Integrations" on the righthand sidebar
    • By default, you'll be on the "Active" page
    • Click the "Directory" option at the top of the Integrations page
    • Click Fastmail
    • Choose the "Connect" button on the Fastmail page to add a secondary account

Go through that setup/confirmation flow like you did with your original account, and then the next time you go to generate a Masked Email using 1Password, you should see the option to choose the account you'd like in the save dialog:

Let us know how this goes. 🙂

• gct3o
    gct3o
    Community Member

Hi ag_michaelc,
    To answer your question about my first request:
    My "thinking" follows:
    1) I create a login for a website using a masked email address as the username for the account.
    2) My wife with whom I share this login needs to see an email sent to the masked email address but she does not know/recall which of my email accounts is associated with the masked email address. She may not even know what a masked email address is and I may no longer be around to explain it to her.

I also think that it would be helpful to maintain a list of the masked email addresses created using 1Password. Perhaps it would be simpler to include a link to Fastmail (or other masked email provider) since this will contain the master list.

This "problem" will be increased for me if I have multiple email accounts for which I can create masked emails.

With regards to adding the second account, I went through the process. In the Active integrations page I now have two primary email addresses shown under Masked Emails. So I think i have this working.

This discussion has been closed.