Unable to login to 1Password in Browser

RwnRchrds
RwnRchrds
Community Member
edited February 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello,
I was having trouble adding new items to 1Password yesterday in my browser (kept getting an error message saying "Unable to save item"), so I removed the Chrome extension and re-added it, but now I'm unable to log in to the extension at all (it's just stuck on "Syncing"). After having a read through the support forums, I think my IP address might be on the blocklist, I contacted support by email a few days ago but have not heard back.

How can I go about removing my IP address from a blocklist and/or become able to log in to 1Password in my browser

1Password Version: 8.9.14
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @RwnRchrds, the "unable to save item" error and syncing issue that you're seeing do not necessarily mean that your IP is on a blocked list.

If you get the "unable to save item" error in the future, I recommend doing the following first:

1. Lock the 1Password app (which also locks the extension).
    2. Unlock the 1Password app (which also unlocks the extension).

That said, since your extension is stuck on "syncing" then please go through the steps below:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Under Accounts & Vaults, sign out of your account.
    4. Sign back into your account.
    5. Go back to General, and re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".

If you still need help, please reply with your ticket number and we'll work with you from there. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.