rename account from "our family"

Options
73Bruin
73Bruin
Community Member

When I look at my vault, it says the account is "our family", but in reality it is my account. I know this may be trivial but it bothers me. How can I rename the account to either reflect that it is mine, or somehow make it more personal (e.g. LastName Family Account").

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:rename account from "our family"

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited February 2023
    Options

@73Bruin

Log into your account on the 1Password.com site. Go to the upper left where you see your family account name, such as you see mine here:

Click the downward-facing arrow, and select My Profile.

On the left, you'll see the same icon, account name, and and Edit Details link. Click that to change your display name and possibly icon.

• 73Bruin
    73Bruin
    Community Member
    Options

Found it! Thank you! I was even able to attach a family picture which was sweet.

• @73Bruin

I'm happy that MrC was able to help. 🙂

-Dave

• 73Bruin
    73Bruin
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. A follow-up question about the 1Password family account structure.

I would like to have my account be separate from the family account. I am in my early 70's and in good health but we all are mortal and I need to make sure that my wife (who will have manager access to 99% plus of the information in the overall combined vaults) and my adult children who have both their own private vaults plus manager access to 90% of the combined vaults will be able to continue our family account. Having it integrated into to my account and email seems like a security risk that they will inherit.

This discussion has been closed.