OAuth 2.0 OIDC Login Helper is Annoying?

Options

I didn't find this capability in the preferences so my feature request would be to make the browser prompt popup optional.
"Login with Google" or similar is already password free in an authenticated browser and requires very little effort. The popup creates extra mouse clicks as it has to be closed. I really don't want the feature.

Let me turn it off (If you haven't already)

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.9.15 (80915001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.2
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hey @bhadfield,

I can understand where you are coming from when a feature changes your workflow. We are always looking to take users feedback to improve the behaviour of such features but if you want to disable the 'Sign in with' pop ups altogether then here's how:

1. Open your browser, right click the 1Password icon in the toolbar and choose 'Settings'
    2. Under autofill toggle off 'Log in automatically using a sign in with provider' and 'Offer to save new provider sign ins'

I hope this helps, sorry for the disruption.

• chutz
    chutz
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, @steph.giles , this was very helpful.

I came to look for this as there is little value in the feature, and it also does not seem to work lot of time. E.g., if I log in to chat.openai.com I just end up on an error page. If it worked reliably I may use it as it may save me clicks.

• You're welcome @chutz.

We are always looking to improve it so we appreciate the feedback.

Have a great week!

This discussion has been closed.