Unable to save new passwords and unable to copy and paste

Options
Rhaeny
Rhaeny
Community Member
edited February 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I've been using 1Password since way back in time. I have never had any issue with it...ever. But all of a sudden sites that I go to the app won't fill out the login so I have to search for the login inside 1P to copy and paste the username and password. Now I can't even do that anymore. It won't even save new logins and passwords. The pic below I was trying to copy the new password so that I could setup a login somewhere and that's the message I got. I found one suggestion to turn off some settings in Chrome, delete the plugin and then reinstall but that didn't work. I'm at a loss here and need some help to fix this asap.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Ekalb
    Ekalb
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hello,
    Simple suggestion: Create a new profile in Chrome.

When this profile is created, install only the 1Password extension and see if the problems are still present.

• Rhaeny
    Rhaeny
    Community Member
    Options

Okay I'll try that @Ekalb. At this point I'm willing to try anything. I swear I've loved 1Password for so many years. I've told others about it as well, but I'm really thinking it's time to leave because I've had a lot of buggy issues with it out of the blue for the past couple of months. It's really telling when the only one that reaches out to help is a community member....and thank you so much for at least doing that!

• Ekalb
    Ekalb
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

Software always works in a computer environment.
    When there are problems with an application, it is not necessarily its fault.
    Working with a new profile for Chrome is not a big job. Either the new profile will make the problems of the 1Password extension disappear and in this case, your old Chrome profile will be the cause or your problems will still be there.
    In the latter case, it will suffice to delete the new profile.

• Hey @Rhaeny,

I'm so sorry for the delayed response and the trouble you have been experiencing when saving an item. Can you let me know if you are still running into this issue so I can further assist?

Thanks!

• rchen24
    rchen24
    Community Member
    Options

Hi - I'm seeing this issue on Chrome. I can't save a password or copy a generated password from the extension.

• Hey @rchen24,

It sounds like you are running into an issue with the extension syncing to our server and saving your information. We have had reports related to this recently and have created an internal report to track the issue. I've added your ticket to that report.

Can you try the steps below to see if it improves things:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Under Accounts & Vaults, sign out of your account.
    4. Sign back into your account.
    5. Go back to General, and re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app". (If you don't have the 1Password app installed, you can skip step 5 and leave app integration disabled.)

Let us know how you get on, I'm sorry for the disruption!

• rchen24
    rchen24
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Seems to work ok now, will let you know if it comes up again.

• You're welcome @rchen24, I'm sorry for the trouble.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with at all.

• rchen24
    rchen24
    Community Member
    Options

Ah looks like it's back. It seems to be an issue after the computer goes to sleep. Also I'm using a Chromebook, not sure if that's a factor.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hey @rchen24, can you let us know what you have configured in the "Security" section of your extension settings? Here's how to find that:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Scroll down to Security.

If "Automatically lock 1Password" is disabled, then it's quite possible that you're running into a specific issue that was recently reported. To confirm that, please reproduce the error in your browser and then send us your extension console logs: https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/

Please attach the logs to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com. With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.