1P not reconizing a website, nor will ir auto-fill or Open and Fill

Options
RTM
RTM
Community Member
edited February 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I have one website in particular, out of 300+ Logins, and which I use frequently that 1P (1) does noes not recognize when the site is up on my screen and (2) nor does it auto-fill or Open and Fill. Why?

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: 4.7.5.9.0
OS Version: Monterey 12.6.3
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hey @RTM,

Can you let me know the website URL so I can do some testing and best advise?

Thank you!

• RTM
    RTM
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Steph. It's M1Finance.com

• Hi @RTM,

I've tested things out on the M1Finance site and was unable to reproduce the behaviour you're encountering. Can you confirm if the URL appearing in your address bar when visiting the login page is matching the URL stored in your M1Finance item's details under the "website" field?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

• RTM
    RTM
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, David, I wasn't thinking. I should have given you this one -- https://dashboard.m1finance.com. This is my login screen and when it appears 1P does not recognize it, nor will it auto-fill or open and fill.

• david.m_1P
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi @RTM,

Thanks for clarifying those details. I've tried that page as well and was still unable to reproduce the behaviour.

Can you try the following and let us know if the issue persists?

1. Go to the M1 Finance dashboard login page.
    2. Type or copy/paste in the correct Username and Password for your account manually - don't click login.
    3. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar.
    4. Select "Save Login", then select "Save new item".
    5. Ensure the correct vault is selected and give the item a new name that you can recognize in order to separate it from your original Login item.
    6. Click "Save".
    7. Refresh the login page.
    8. Try filling the website with the newly created Login item.

If the newly created login item successfully fills, and you're able to access the account, you can remove the old M1 Finance item.

Let us know how things go.

• RTM
    RTM
    Community Member
    Options

Finally got to it and your suggestion worked like a charm! Perfect now. Will have to save your email in case I run across the problem with another site. Thanks so much, David, for your excellent help!

• You're welcome, @RTM! I'm happy I could help.

If you ever need assistance via email you can always reach out through our support form and we'll be happy to help you out.

Have a great day!

• TOWS
    TOWS
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I have a similar issue with this website:

https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/cs/update/your-licence/index.app

There's a few annoyances here, firstly, 1Passord doesn't have the ability to fill in three fields here (although I know it's capable of filling in multiple fields at once because it does so when filling in my personal details in the Identities category) the website in question wants three lots of information to log in:

1. my licence number
    2. my last name
    3. my post code ( zip code)

Secondly, I created a new log in as much as possible using 1Password, but ultimately, I'm having to cut and paste each field manually. Lastly, Watchtower is telling me that my password for this site is "weak password" which I have no control over since it's my name, I suppose I could have my name changed to *Mr John 3PHaQWDCsKhixr3!Hv98we-6@8!zomj4, instead of *Mr John Appleseed, but this may cause issues for me in other ways in my life! :D

*NOT my real names!

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey there @TOWS - Thanks for bringing this one to our attention. 🙂

I would agree that it sounds like 1Password is not working as expected on this site, and I'll be happy to forward this internally to look into. I wasn't able to access the site due to my location (Canada), so I was wondering if you could email a few details so I can look a little closer?

• Grab a screenshot of the login field for the website. If you need help getting a screenshot, this website will help you with the process: Take-a-Screenshot. Be sure not to share any sensitive information in the screenshots, and to send the screenshot as an attachment.
    • Grab a page structure file while you're on the login page:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar.
      2. Hover with your mouse over Help and select 'Collect Page Structure'.
      3. This should download a file ending with '.json' - please attach that file to your next reply.
    • Share the above in an email to support+forum@1password.com with these as well:

Secondly, I created a new log in as much as possible using 1Password, but ultimately, I'm having to cut and paste each field manually. Lastly, Watchtower is telling me that my password for this site is "weak password" which I have no control over since it's my name, I suppose I could have my name changed to *Mr John 3PHaQWDCsKhixr3!Hv98we-6@8!zomj4, instead of *Mr John Appleseed, but this may cause issues for me in other ways in my life! :D

Thanks for the chuckle here! I can understand what you mean here, though. If you navigate to your TV Licensing item in the 1Password app, then click 'Ignore' on the Weak Password notification, it will remove that from Watchtower's weak password tally.

I look forward to hearing back and assisting further!

• TOWS
    TOWS
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @paul.m_1p

Wow! thank you for the in-depth and step-by-step instructions, I appreciate the way everyone at 1Password is so helpful and friendly, if only other support forums were as efficient...

All the above steps in your instructions have been followed and the email has been sent, I received an automated response with a support ID please let me know if you need it.

Regards, TOWS

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TOWS on behalf of Paul, you are welcome! If you haven't received a reply from one of us via email, please let us know your Support ID, and we'll make sure to reach out as soon as we can.

This discussion has been closed.