Chrome email address autofill issues

I have an annoying problem on my chrome-based browsers (Brave). When I encounter an email address field, it suggests my wife's email address after I needed to fill an email field with that address once. I cannot find a way to remove it. Here is what I did so far:
1. Verified that the browser autofill is managed by 1password and that no email address were stored in suggestions.
2. Verified that when I disabled the 1password extension on the browser that the undesired email address was not suggested.
Thanks for your assistance!

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser:_ Brave
Referrer: forum-search:browser extension autofill

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Clif123, could you take a screenshot of the suggestion and share it with us in your next reply? Make sure to not include any sensitive information in your screenshot. For help with taking screenshots, check out this link: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Additionally, do you get the suggestion to fill your wife's email address on our test form here: https://fill.dev/form/registration-email? Please let us know!

• Clif123
    Clif123
    Community Member

OK. Here is the settings on Brave (Chrome-based browser):

Here is the suggested email with the 1Password plugin enabled (version email in original post).

Next, I go to "Manage Extensions", turn 1Password extension to "OFF", then refresh the fill.dev page and get this.

• Clif123
    Clif123
    Community Member

I have 1Password on several MacOS devices and on several Linux devices. This one MacOS laptop is the only one giving me this problem. I remember filling in a form with my wife's email and not doing anything out of the ordinary. I suspect this email is being cached locally on the 1Password config files. Worst case, I can blow them away and re-initialize 1Password but there is no guarantee that this condition will not repeat itself later.

• Hi @Clif123,

At the moment, it looks like the email appearing may be stored in an Identity item. If you search for this email using the 1Password search bar and check any stored Identity items, are you able to locate it within 1Password?

I look forward to hearing from you!

• Clif123
    Clif123
    Community Member

OK. That was it. I looked through all my identity records and that email was populated while the other identity records didn't have any email entries. I did not know that was where it checked for email addresses. It would be nice to be able to have better control over what is offered up in autofill than all identities since the browser allows you to pick and choose what goes in. Thank you for the help!

• Happy to hear that you were able to locate the email, @Clif123. If you have Identity items that you'd like to store but not have offered to fill, you can store them in a separate vault and disable that vault in your 1Password extension settings. Here's how you can do that:

1. Create a new vault in 1Password: Create and share vaults.
    2. Move the items you don't want to be suggested into the newly created vault: Move and copy items.
    3. Right-click on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and click "Settings".
    4. Scroll down to Accounts & Vaults.
    5. Toggle off the new vault that you created for these items.

Let us know if that helps.

This discussion has been closed.