New feature proposal - timed alerts for expiry

New feature proposal for the 1pass team.
The ability to set an alert for changing a pass.
Thinking of things like AD passwords, before they get locked out (expired) and it gets messy to change in some environments...

It's enough to get an in-app notice that you have expired ones.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:New feature proposal - The ability to set an alert for changing a pass. Thinking of things like AD passwords, before they get locked out and it gets messy to change in some environments...

Comments

• Hey @Spruce thanks for writing to us.

Although I cannot guarantee if the change will be implemented, I agree that it would be useful and I'll be happy to let our product team know that you'd like to see this feature. Would you like to add anything else such as how often you run into this issue or how much not having this feature is impacting your workflow?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

• Spruce
    Spruce
    Community Member

Sure.
    Even just a hint that the pass is about to expire would be useful.
    Problem:
    I work with a lot of machines over VPN, and if I change the password while connected to the machine on a RDP session using the terminal emulators, or beforehand, i never have these issues.
    If the password expires, now, sometimes this routine does not work 100% and quite often i have to contact the support guys to help me as the reset of the pass has to be done on console(!!), and they have to reset the pass, which is not always timely, as I can end up oncall, and have to wait to next day, which causes allsorts of problems that nobody need, and if you have a lot of accounts / passwords, it can get really messy, really fast...

For me, this happens on a weekly basis at best, and sometimes more often.
    We also have systems where we need to have the password reset for security reasons, but that does not handle such things by themselves, so having a hinter to rotate such, would be a security safeguard, as it's easy enough to generate and change new passwords. Keeping infosec happy is also a goal here... =D

so having that option "remind me every X months/days/weeks" option, would be a real treat aas you can do it as part of getting on the system... An "expiry" field that gets the countdown reset by the password update, with a list of expired ones (if present in notifications) , with a warning badge on the card would be a treat.

• Hi @Spruce,

Thank you for getting back to us, I really appreciate the level of detail here.

I have passed all of your feedback and suggestions on to our product team for consideration.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

ref: PB31832811

• Spruce
    Spruce
    Community Member

Nah, I'm good!
    Just happy you are at least considering it!

• @Spruce we are always happy to hear your feedback!

This discussion has been closed.