displaying a list of groups when adding a vault

EMILjo
EMILjo
Community Member
edited March 2023 in Business and Teams

I added a group to which I added a user. The group does not appear when adding a new vault, neither in the Windows application nor in the web version. I can of course add the vault to this group later, but it's a pain!
is it possible to display a list of defined groups when adding a vault?

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• EMILjo
    EMILjo
    Community Member

A teammate added a vault that only the Owner had permission to access. The manager took away the permissions from the owner (he couldn't take away only the Manage permission) but the colleague still can't see this vault, even though he has the Manage permission. Is it correct?

1Password Version: Not Provided

• EMILjo
    EMILjo
    Community Member

I cannot bulk manage vault permissions for members in a group. Can you improve it?

1Password Version: Not Provided

• ag_max
    edited May 2023

Hi @EMILjo,

I added a group to which I added a user. The group does not appear when adding a new vault, neither in the Windows application nor in the web version. I can of course add the vault to this group later, but it's a pain! is it possible to display a list of defined groups when adding a vault?

That's correct that 1Password will not display a list of groups to share a vault with during vault creation. Groups and users must be assigned after a vault is created - this is something I'll be happy to pass to the team for consideration.

ref: pb-32792661

A teammate added a vault that only the Owner had permission to access. The manager took away the permissions from the owner (he couldn't take away only the Manage permission) but the colleague still can't see this vault, even though he has the Manage permission. Is it correct?

For a user or group to be able to see a vault on 1Password.com or in the 1Password apps, they'll need to have the View Items permission enabled, if using 1Password Business. If using 1Password Teams, they'll need the Allow Viewing permission. The Manage permission lets a person or group add or remove people from the vault, edit it, or delete the vault entirely. This setting does not determine if a vault is visible.

I cannot bulk manage vault permissions for members in a group. Can you improve it?

Could you go into a bit more detail about what you'd like to improve. If you can share your use case and any details about your current workflow that doesn't work, this will help the team better understand. Right now, you can modify a user or group's permission on 1Password.com. This must be done individually.

• EMILjo
    EMILjo
    Community Member

this is something I'll be happy to pass to the team for consideration.

thank you.
    for me it is enough to be able to add a built-in group (Team Members) when creating new vault.

This setting does not determine if a vault is visible

ok

Could you go into a bit more detail about what you'd like to improve

jak wspomniałem, nie mogę w czasie tworzenia skarbca dodać mu uprawnień. Dodałem kilka skarbców a następnie musiałem do każdego dodać albo osobę albo grupę.
    Proponuję opcję w stylu: każdy nowo utworzony skarbiec będzie dostępny dla wybranych grup lub osób automatyczne.
    Druga propozycja: w widoku Group Details, po kliknięciu na Manage, dodać checkbox "zaznacz wszystkie".

P.S. did you merge my 3 posts or did i post wrong?

• EMILjo
    EMILjo
    Community Member

Missing translation of my last post:

jak wspomniałem, nie mogę w czasie tworzenia skarbca dodać mu uprawnień. Dodałem kilka skarbców a następnie musiałem do każdego dodać albo osobę albo grupę.
    Proponuję opcję w stylu: każdy nowo utworzony skarbiec będzie dostępny dla wybranych grup lub osób automatyczne.
    Druga propozycja: w widoku Group Details, po kliknięciu na Manage, dodać checkbox "zaznacz wszystkie".

as I mentioned, I can't add permissions to it at the time of vault creation. I added several vaults and then had to add either a person or a group to each.
    I propose an option like: each newly created vault will be available to selected groups or people automatically.
    Second suggestion: in the Group Details view, after clicking on Manage, add a "select all" checkbox.

• @EMILjo,

Excellent, thanks for clarifying and providing those extra details. I'll now be able to share these suggestions with the appropriate teams for consideration.

I don't believe any action was taken from this end. Let me know if you receive any unexpected prompts or errors when posting. 👍

• EMILjo
    EMILjo
    Community Member

@ag_max There were no problems, but I wanted to start 3 threads and there was 1 thread that contains 3 posts :) I made a mess

• @EMILjo

I merged your threads together since they all deal with a similar topic and having them in one thread makes it easier for us to respond efficiently. 🙂

-Dave

• EMILjo
    EMILjo
    Community Member

@Dave_1P ok :)

This discussion has been closed.