Item not found even though it's in the 1PW vault

Options

I'm in the process of moving from LastPass to 1Password and am having problem in that an item in my 1PW vault is not found. When I navigate to the login page of Costco.com, 1PW shows no items. When I search using the browser extension for Costco, it also shows no entries even though the item in the valut is called "Costco" and part of the URL is "costco.com".

Logging in to the 1PW website and checking the vault, the Costco entry is there and with the correct information.

I never encountered this issue using LastPass for the past 6+ years and not sure what's up with 1PW.

Thanks for the help

david

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: MacOS 13.2.1
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• dgarrison63
    dgarrison63
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, an update on the issue I'm having; when click on the Chrome browser extenstion and search for "Costco", I get a message that says No results found in "All Vaults". However, there's a new button that appears with the title Search Everywhere. When I click the button, it does find the entry for Costco and it shows it's in a vault called "Personal".

Very much seems like a bug to me, but am wondering if anyone else has run into this issue?

Thanks

david

• Hey @dgarrison63,

I'm sorry for the trouble, I have a couple of questions to try and better understand the behaviour you are seeing.

Can you start by checking the vault that this item is in and then right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar choose 'Settings' and scroll down to the Accounts and Vaults section and check that this vault is enabled here?

If you go to the Costco site and click into the username or password filed do you see your item suggested here is the issue only when search the browser extension for the item?

Are you having this problem with any other items?

This information would be really useful!

• dgarrison63
    dgarrison63
    Community Member
    Options

Hi steph and thanks for the reply. I checked the settings on the toolbar icon, and the Personal vault was not checked. This seems odd because the vault was automatically created and is the only vault.

I checked the box next to the vault name and now, when I search for "Costco", the entry is found. However, what's even more odd is that some entries were found before I enabled the vault, but not all.

Thanks for the help

david

• @dgarrison63,

Thank you for getting back to me David, the behaviour does seem strange.

Please let us know if you run into any further trouble and we can continue to investigate.

I hope things are smooth sailing from here on, have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.