The problem is shown in the figure

1Password Version: 8.10.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version:HarmonyOS 3.0.0 Probably compatible Android 12
Browser:
Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Listar,

Does your device have Google Play Services installed and active? If not, that may be the cause of this issue as Google Play Services are required to scan a QR through 1Password for Android. Can you scan QR codes through other apps on your device?

-- Brendan

• Listar
    Listar
    Community Member
    Options

I have already installed the Google Play framework in my own way, but there will be errors when scanning the QR code. All other applications can use this feature. Do you have a way for me to test whether my Google Play function is intact

• Listar
    Listar
    Community Member
    Options

The Hongmeng system itself should be compatible with the current Android system application, but I am not sure if GMS can still work with both HMS and GMS

• Hi @Listar, thanks for following up with us.

The QR code scanning feature in 1Password for Android requires Google Play Services. Disabling Play Services or using equivalent services can cause the QR scanner in 1Password for Android to throw the error you shared. To my knowledge Google Play Services cannot be installed along side an equivalent service.

While I can't make any promises about the development of 1Password, I would be happy to file a request on your behalf to explore other implementations of the QR feature that do not require Google Play Services.

In the meantime, pasting the setup key provided by most apps and websites into the one-time password field in a Login will allow you to setup 2FA for your accounts and generate TOTPs with 1Password.

Let us know if there's anything we can help with!

This discussion has been closed.