Set up Shared Vault.

Options
Dougieboy99
Dougieboy99
Community Member

I am using a variety of systems; IOS devices, iPads IPhones and a windows 11 desktop and windows 11 laptop.
I’m trying to do what should be the easiest step in 1Password, setting up a shared vault. I’ve been reading and attempting to find in the App and the 1Password.com the word Vault or Sidebar or something that is related to Vaults, I see nothing. Please help!

1Password Version: 8:10:2
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Safari, chrome

Comments

• @Dougieboy99

I believe you might have been looking at instructions for the 1Password 8 the desktop client. Create and share vaults

1. If you're using the desktop client make sure the sidebar is not hidden. If it is press control + shift + d to unhide it.
    2. Click the three vertical dots at the top and then select new vault. Give it a name and click create.
    3. Then locate the vault in the sidebar and select manage access. This will open 1Password.com for you to add additional folks. From here click the button for share vault and complete the invite process.
  • Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

@Dougieboy99 You don't need to create shared vaults to access your passwords from your various devices. Every vault you have access to is automatically visible on all devices. You can exclude what is visible, but as default everything is visible on every device. It's possible to use vaults to control item visibility depending on devices, however I guess you generally want to just see everything on every device. Usually, you will have most (if not all) of your accounts in the personal vault, and this is automatically visible on every device.

Shared vaults are meant as collaboration tool for different members of a family account or team account. It's possible to control which member has access to which shared vault, so you can exactly define which items are accessible by what person. However, it's not meant as tool to control which entry is visible on what device in the first place.

• Dougieboy99
    Dougieboy99
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Tommy! That did the trick, I had the sidebar hidden. Thanks for helping out, I was really hoping it was something simple.

Thank you Tertius, I am setting up a shared Vault for my wife who I invited earlier.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2023
    Options

You're most welcome. Welcome to the family and our community here.

This discussion has been closed.