Filter by attachments

Options
TOWS
TOWS
Community Member
  1. Hello, how do I see at a glance which of my items (in every category) have attachments?
  2. If this isn’t possible is there a way to show a paper clip icon or some other marking next to items with attachments?

Comments

• Hello @TOWS! 👋

1Password 8 for iOS doesn't currently include the ability to search for items that contain an attachment. The best way to mark which items have attachments is to use a tag: Organize with favorites and tags

I'd be happy to pass along your suggestion to the team, can you tell me a little more about why you'd like to be able to find all items that contain an attachment? This will help our product team to better understand and prioritize your request. 🙂

-Dave

• TOWS
    TOWS
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there Dave :)

You've kind of already touched on an example of why I would like to have some kind of filter for attachments...
    Because 1Password 8 does not have the ability to search for entries with attachments, I thought I would create a simple tag and that way I could find all my attachments - that's great and all but the trouble is, I don't know which entries have attachments for me to tag! And I don't really cherish the idea of going through my four hundred and something entries one at a time to find them!

Ok, more reasons to want to find attachments :

With some of my entries, I keep documents which change every year (sometimes every six months) and so because I don't want to keep out-dated and irrelevant/expired information attached I remove those and replace with newer ones. I have tried tags but in all honesty, tags are only efficient if you remember to use them :) half the time I create notes/ logins etc and save without remembering to include a tag. To further add to the necessity of this request, I don't attach the same kind of documents to the same kind of 1pasword categories (even though they are related, I can't really go into specifics)

What would be ideal and what exactly am I asking for here?

The ability to find an entry in ANY category which has attachments. Some ways I could suggest are:

• Home page tab> Customize > "has attachments"
    • In items tab> All items> "has attachments"
    • or simply, how about an icon or mark of some description, (like a paperclip icon) next to items with attachments? (This actually sounds the 'easiest' way, then I could find things with attachments and tag them!)

Thoughts?

• TOWS
    TOWS
    Community Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

@bugwhat thanks for your thought!

Yes, I was aware of the documents category, and you raise a very good point, however, I only use this category for things like passports, birth certificates and the like. I also attach documents in multiple categories sometimes for the same subject/person/group therefore, unless I remembered to tag the entries it’s still difficult to find them.

Maybe @Dave_1P could also suggest a feature for finding everything without tags to the Dev team, that would also work as a workaround for my attachment conundrum 😊

• TOWS
    TOWS
    Community Member
    Options

Documents does NOT show all my attachments in ALL categories of 1password. I’m not sure I understand your point.

“Simplifying” doesn’t solve my issue -the requests I made to the 1password team would fix my issue. thanks for your input though.

• @bugwhat

Thank you for your input, TOWS is referring to file attachments added to other types of items and not Document items. 🙂

@TOWS

Thank you for the suggestions and additional details! I can definitely see how it would be useful to have the ability to find items with attachments and I've filed a feature request on your behalf and included your comments.

a feature for finding everything without tags to the Dev team

You can find all items that don't have a tag by searching for: =untagged

-Dave

ref: PB-32170133

• TOWS
    TOWS
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @Dave_1P

Thank you for your reply. That’s great news! Thank you for passing on the feature request and thank you too for the search query to find untagged items! That’s a great feature 😀

• I'm happy to help and thanks again for the suggestions! 🙂

-Dave

• @WorldIRC

Thank you for the request, I've passed it along to the team. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-32198173

• Robbans
    Robbans
    Community Member
    Options

+1
    I would really like this feature to be implemented. It would make my experience with 1Password significantly better.

This discussion has been closed.