Suggested password will not copy nor fill in the password box

Options

I'm having this issue with Chrome 111.0.5563.146 on MacOS ventura Version 13.3 (22E252) and 1Password for Mac 8.10.3 (81003012) and 1Password chrome extension 2.8.1.
I can see the suggested, generated password but it will not fill in the password box nor can I copy it.
Then if I generate a password elsewhere and try to save the new login in 1password, using the 'Save in 1Password' button that appears on new websites, I see the error, 'Unable to Save item'. This may be two different issues.

1Password Version: 8.10.3 81003012
Extension Version: 2.8.1
OS Version: 13.3 (22E252)
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @phemchan

I'm sorry for the trouble you're seeing in Chrome, and apologize for the disruption in your workflow.

Based on what you've shared, you are likely running into a known issue our team is actively investigating. I've added your case as an affected user there, for tracking purposes. It's possible the 1Password extension in Chrome is having some trouble communicating with our server properly. Could you try the following and see if it improves the behaviour you're seeing?

1. Right click the 1Password icon in Chrome's toolbar, and select 'Lock'.
    2. Wait a few seconds, left click the locked 1Password icon, then enter your account password and unlock the extension once more.
    3. Test things out again.

Additionally, I have a couple questions if you don't mind:

• When you unlock the 1Password for Mac app (desktop app), does the browser extension in Chrome unlock along with it? Or do they need to be unlocked separately?
    • Do you use two-factor authentication for your 1Password account? If so, what 2FA provider do you use?

I look forward to hearing. Cheers!

• phemchan
    phemchan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Paul, I'll try those steps next time I need to generate a password in the browser.

-1- I'm usually in the browser and click on the extension to use 1password, then the mac app dialog comes to the front for me to enter my password.

-2- We use DUO.

So after this, I decided to try closing the mac desktop 1password app and only using the browser extension and now it appears to be working as expected.

• Hey @phemchan,

Thank you for getting back to us with this information.

Let us know how you get on and if there is anything else we can help with at all.

• dmbuil
    dmbuil
    Community Member
    Options

Hi!
    I am experiencing the same issue on Safari for 1P.
    Sometimes, when I am creating a new login and 1P suggests a new password, the suggested password dropdown pops up (ok), but when I click on it, nothing happens; the password is not fulfilled, so I have to open the extension manually and create a new Login item.

For further reference:

• Safari: 16.3 (17614.4.6.11.6, 17614)
    • 1Password Browser Extension 2.10.0 20246

For instance, last webpage, beta.elevenlabs.io, when creating a new user.
    I've seen on the Web inspector some "unhandled promise exceptions"...

Hope this helps!

• Hi @dmbuil, thanks for reaching out!

If you update Safari are you still experiencing this issue? To update Safari you can use the following steps:

1. Click the Apple icon in the Mac menu bar.
    2. Select System Settings.
    3. Click General, then click Software Update.
    4. If an update is available, click to update Safari.

If the issue persists, I'd like to ask if you can reproduce the behaviour with the unresponsive suggested password and send a console log from your device :

Please attach the console log to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread and your username.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• dmbuil
    dmbuil
    Community Member
    Options

hi @david.m_1P
    To be honest, Safari Update was concealed under Monterrey major upgrade, and didn't see it at all. That was my fault.
    As soon as I updated Safari, 1P Extension started to work again. You definitely nailed that one.
    Even though, would you like me to collect any further logs?

• Hi @dbmuil, thanks for the update!

Since things are working after updating Safari, we can hold off on the log for now. If the same issue returns, then I would recommend proceeding to re-create the behaviour and grab the console log. You can then reach out to us at support+forum@1password.com. We'll then be able to take a look at the log and assist you further over email.

This discussion has been closed.