Edits to an item do not "take" in Chrome browser extension

Options

I am using the beta version of the 1Password Chrome extension (along with the app on my Pixel phone).
I made an edit to my former Sprint login info, since T-Mobile has now migrated me over. Changed the title, and a few other minor edits, then saved it:

But when I visit T-Mobile in Chrome, and the 1Password "bubble" pops up, to allow easy login, the bubble is still titled Sprint! What the??

I have noticed glitchy things previously, and it was suggested to use the beta version of the extension. Is this why I am seeing the above?
It is disconcerting, as it makes me doubt that all of my other edits might not have taken in the item!

Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.9.0 (beta)
OS Version: Chrome OS
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:Edits to an item do not "take" in Chrome browser extension

Comments

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @MultiMatt Thank you for reaching out here. 🙂

I apologize for any interruption in your workflow caused by the behaviour you're seeing. It sounds like the browser extension isn't syncing properly with the server. I have a few questions to dig a little:

• Do you have (or have ever had) two-factor authentication enabled for your 1Password account?
    • If you make changes in the 1Password app on your Pixel phone, do those changes sync when you go to 1Password.com?
    • In your Sprint/T-Mobile example, if you open the browser extension in Chrome and look at the time, did the other minor edits you made show up there?
    • If you manually lock/unlock the browser extension in Chrome, does the data sync then?
      • Right click the 1Password icon in Chrome's toolbar > Lock > then left click the 1Password icon again and enter your password to unlock

I look forward to hearing back and assisting further!

• MultiMatt
    MultiMatt
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @paul.m_1p

• I currently do not have 2FA set up, but can do that now. When I found that I did not have that set up yet, I left it the way it was for now, pending our discussion.
    • Yes, changes via my Pixel phone immediately show on 1Password.com
    • Yes, the T-Mo changes I made show up in the browser extension, and the date is correct (last week).
    • I think (for some other reason), I locked/unlocked the extension in Chrome some time over the past few days. It appears the data DID sync, because the correct T-Mobile wording is showing for the 1Password bubble now!

Being so used to LastPass (for 12 years!), I have a habit of doing most everything via the browser extension. Perhaps I need to be mindful of just jumping over to 1Password.com and making my changes there, to avoid weird sync issues...

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the follow up @MultiMatt 🙂

There's no need to enable 2FA on your account (unless you'd like to, of course!) - the thought I had here is that if there was a pending 2FA session with our server, it might contribute to the delay in syncing, but it sounds like that's not the case here.

Considering the changes have synced over the past few days, it sounds like the browser extension might have lost it's connection to our server before then, and that led to the information mismatch. Though it's certainly a bit odd that some information updated, but not all. It shouldn't be necessary to make changes only on 1Password.com, as you should be able to make changes on any device/app and see those changes almost immediately.

If the issue happens again in the future, could you email in to us at support+forum@1password.com and include some console logs from the browser extension so we can take a closer look under the hood?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.