Safari Extension issues

Options
gct3o
gct3o
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I have been attempting to open the extension by clicking on the button on the toolbar. For the past week or so up until the past half hour I would click on the button and a window would appear with "Sync'ing" in it and the twirling icon that indicating it was working. As I said this has been going on for a while (so primarily with the previous macOS version) and I have ignored it because I did not want to spend my time to figure this out. Just today I went in and disabled and re-enabled the extension and the behavior changed so that clicking on the icon opened a new empty tab in the browser. Since this did not work I removed the extension app and then re-installed it. Now it seems to be working.

So I do not really have a question but I wanted to let you know of the issues I had. Also for what it is worth I feel like I fight with this app quite a bit. I have issues getting it to connect consistently and many times I need to open the desktop app to get the extension to work. Other times I find the extension doesn't do what I think that it should.

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: 2.9.0
OS Version: 13.3.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gct3o, I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you've experienced with 1Password in Safari. From your message, it sounds like the extension was unable to connect with the 1Password app. I'm glad that things appear to be working after removing and reinstalling the extension.

If the issue comes back again, then please let us know as soon as you can. There are a number of things for us that we would want to check on. I'm confident we would be able to get to the bottom of what's happening.

As a note, I do see that you are now using the latest version of the extension. However, there is a new release for the app (version 8.10.4). Please update it with the steps here: https://support.1password.com/update-1password/

I recommend making sure that the extension and app are always up to date. If they aren't, then that could cause issues, such as the one you encountered.

I appreciate you reaching out to us about this. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• gct3o
    gct3o
    Community Member
    Options

Next time I will post here.

Thanks for the heads up about the new version of the macOS app. I typically update when the app informs me one is available. If this has been out awhile I might have been prompted while in in the middle of something and forgot.

Have a great day!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gct3o you are welcome! I hope you have a great day too.

This discussion has been closed.