How to tell when a password was changed?

Nick11
Nick11
Community Member

I'm looking for a way to tell when a password was changed using the CLI. I see a previous thread that mentions being able to see timestamps when getting passwords in CLIv1, but I can't find that info in CLIv2.

My goal is to be able to tag items that need to be rotated, then pragmatically verify the password was changed and remove the tag. The history available via the web UI provides this information, but history isn't available in the CLI. The updated_at value is changed when I apply a tag so it won't work.

After playing with this a bit, I see the password history list is available in the CLI. I could record the length of that list and ensure it's larger after being rotated, but that seems a bit clumsy. There are also other use cases where it would be good to know when a password (versus other fields in the item) was changed. Is there a way to do that via the CLI?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Nick11 !

It's not currently possible, but we do have the feature request in our internal ticketing system, so it's on our radar. No promises on when it will get done, but we definitely see the value in adding support for it, so stay tuned!

Cheers,
    Amanda

This discussion has been closed.