Can't login to 1PW on new MBP but can login to 1PW on older iMac

Options
willis71
willis71
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I recently bought a new MBP and set up Touch ID. Since then I can't login to 1PW7 on the site, thru the extension or directly from the app. Today, I plugged in my old iMac and logged in just fine using all of these methods. How can I get access on my newer Mac? Very bizarre that the same password works on one Mac but not the other. Any help please. Emailed support already but tried all options provided, no one has helped with the dual Mac login issue. Support still is trying to get me to recover my password but I don't need a recovery, I need assistance with this newly found issue. Please don't close this discussion. Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• @willis71

Since we don't have access to your account information here on the public forums I recommend that you continue to work with our support team in the ticket that you have open via email. They'll be in the best position to assist and help you setup 1Password on your new Mac. One of my colleagues will send you a reply as soon as possible.

-Dave

ref: SRK-66778-799

• willis71
    willis71
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I was really hoping that someone in the support community may have seen this issue in the past and could comment, so that I could try and get this resolved sooner than later.

• @willis71

If you're unable to log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app) then it's not likely a problem that the community can help with since it suggests one of the following:

• You don't know the current password for your 1Password account or are making a typo when entering it into the website.
    • You have more than 1 account.
    • You're using an older standalone vault on your old Mac that uses a different password from your 1Password account.

On the old Mac, do you see an older standalone "Primary" vault? You can check for a Primary vault on your Mac by doing the following:

1. Open and unlock 1Password 7 for Mac.
    2. Click on the Vaults option in the menu bar at the top of your screen.
    3. Click on Switch to Vault.
    4. Do you see a Primary vault listed?

-Dave

• willis71
    willis71
    Community Member
    Options

I did find a primary vault as well as a family vault. Thanks for the assistance. This helped me get logged into my account.

• @willis71

I'm happy to hear that you've been able to regain access to your account. I recommend that you migrate that old Primary vault to your account as well, if you reply to the last email that my colleague sent you then they can help you with that. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.