Webpage keyboard scrolling issue in Safari ventura

Options
sbauer
sbauer
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Down arrow scrolls (smoothly) to the bottom of the page in safari macOS Ventura.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.4 (81004032)
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: 13.3.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:Webpage keyboard scrolling issue in Safari ventura

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sbauer, just to check, are you pressing the down arrow key when using 1Password? Can you provide some more details about what's going on? What is the unexpected behavior, and what is your goal?

Sorry for so many questions, but I'm not quite sure what is going on. Please let me know, and I'll do my best to help.

• sbauer
    sbauer
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the lack of detail… I have problems with scrolling in Safari since the last update Ventura 13.3.1. In Safari when I use the down arrow on any web page, even on pages where 1Password has nothing to fill, scrolling by pressing the down arrow once scrolling cannot be stopped. This behavior does not occur with other browsers. I am writing to you because there is a support article in the community explains the same problem, but it has been closed. I believe this problem may have come back since it is exactly what I am experiencing. Do you link to that article is: https://1password.community/discussion/129492/webpage-keyboard-scrolling-issue-in-safari

• Hi @sbauer, thanks for providing further details.

Can you confirm if you're also experiencing this behaviour after engaging Universal Autofill or the Quick Access menu?

• sbauer
    sbauer
    Community Member
    Options

I disabled Universal Autofill and removed the shortcut key sequence for Quick Access in 1Password settings, quit and restarted 1P and Safari and the problem still exists. I'm happy to try anything else you wish me to do.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sbauer just to check, what steps did you take to disable Universal Autofill? There isn't a way to do it from the desktop app, as the feature will still be available when you right-click on the 1Password app icon in the top menu bar. That being said, did you disable the permissions needed for Universal Autofill to work?

As for the old forum thread that you shared, the issue from there has been fixed. We'll investigate your issue separately to find out what's happening. At this time, can you send us a recording of the behavior? Can you then send over a diagnostics report so that we can look at what's happening with the app under the hood?

Make sure to not include any sensitive information in your recording. For third party tools that help with screen recordings, check out CleanShot, Loom or RecordIt.

You can create a diagnostics report with the steps outlined here: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please attach the recording and diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com. With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• sbauer
    sbauer
    Community Member
    Options

Please let me know the correct way to disable the permissions for Universal Autofill. Reply from our BitBot assistant Support ID number is #UCU-18142-613 , in that reply the representitive said the the email was blank because they thought the attachments were too large. I am trying other email attempts to get you the files you need when I am successful will include the new support ID number or numbers in a separate post. btw the log is 299KB and the screen recording is 19.7MB

• Thanks for confirming the Support ID number @sbauer! I've located the ticket and replied. Let's continue the conversation over there, and I'll close this thread to prevent having the same conversation in two different places. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.