1 Password is not filling webitses in Safari

Options
bwaldron
bwaldron
Community Member

I went into my Safari Website tab and unchecked block pop ups. I did this because I was getting som many pop up ads, some covering the Safari content. I think I should not have done this because now 1 PW will not fill. i can still access 1PW to see & manually fill my info.Can someone help me fix what I inadvertently did to cause t his issue. Thanks so much Beverly
PS I can't find the extension so I don't know what is the ext version is

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac 13.3.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:Why isn't 1Password filling the websites in Safari

Comments

• bwaldron
    bwaldron
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

1Password is not filling all my websites like they use to before I went into Safari settings then to websites & changed some to deny to try and reduce the pop up ads. Would you please tell me what this website window should look so I can configure it correctly?

1Password Version: 8.10.4
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 13.3.1
    Browser:_ safari
    Referrer: forum-search:In Safari settings under websites should they all say let 1password allow?

• Hi @bwaldron , thanks for reaching out!

Setting "For other websites" to "Allow" will give 1Password the necessary permissions to autofill on all sites. Since 1Password for Safari is a "web extension", it requires these permissions in order to function within the Safari browser. There are two basic permissions used here:

For webpage contents - These permissions are required in order for 1Password to fill and save logins, and other details, on all web pages.

For browser history permissions - This allows 1Password to suggest login items you've stored in 1Password for websites you visit.

You can adjust the "For other websites" setting to "Allow" using the following steps:

1. Open your Safari browser.
    2. Click Safari in the top menu toolbar on your Mac.
    3. Select "Settings", then click Websites.
    4. Scroll down the left sidebar and click "1Password for Safari". Ensure that "For other websites" is set to "Allow".

Let us know how things turn out and if you have any further questions.

• bwaldron
    bwaldron
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I now understand this & my sites are now filling & opening. However, an exclamation mark (!)appeared next to "1Password for Safari" after i clicked"allow" for other websites which is bothering me because I don't why it is there . Is it a warning that I have done something incorrectly?
    Thank you. Beverly

• Was the exclamation mark appearing next to 1Password for Safari in the Websites settings, @bwaldron? If so, this is expected behaviour. It is a warning from the Safari browser that is the result of providing the necessary permissions for 1Password to fill and save in Safari.

This discussion has been closed.