1Password filling in password, but not OTP (Microsoft/SSO)

XIII
XIII
Community Member

The company/customer I currently work for uses a Microsoft login for SSO. The login flow is spread over 3 pages:

1. Email address
  2. Password
  3. OTP

When I select my company's account 1Password will auto-fill in the email address on the first page and the password on the second page, but not the OTP one the third page. In fact, I then have to choose my company's account again (1Password seems to forget?).

This is such a PITA. Can you please make it auto-fill the OTP as well?

1Password Version: 8.10.4
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: macOS 13.3.1
Browser:_ Safari 16.4

Comments

• Hey @XIII,

Can you let me know if this particular site redirects you to login.live.com to sign in?

We're aware of the inconsistent OTP autofilling behavior on login.live.com and are looking to improve the behaviour on this page.

Meanwhile, you can try the following methods as workarounds:

1. Drag and drop the OTP to the field.
    2. Click the 1Password icon in the OTP field, and then click the suggested login item to autofill the OTP
    3. If you only have one login item saved for Microsoft, you can try the default keyboard shortcut cmd + \ to autofill the OTP

I hope the above workarounds help with the situation, I'm sorry for the trouble.

ref: dev/core/core#11737

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

This is controlled by Cisco AnyConnect (VPN), which hides the URL...

(and I can't check with Proxyman; AnyConnect won't allow that)

• Sorry for the delayed response @XIII, did the workaround I provided help at all?

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Maybe I misunderstood: I have multiple Microsoft login items, so I thought the workaround was not applicable?

• Thanks for getting back to me @XIII, do steps 1 or 2 of the workarounds help?

You're right that option 3 won't help in your scenario.

I apologise for the disruption.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

I currently use option 2 (see start post).

• I'm sorry for the trouble @XIII, all of the details have been passed on to our development team.

This discussion has been closed.