Migrate to new IPad

Options
pdrace
pdrace
Community Member

I need to replace my IPad before it stops charging completely. I will use the Apple quick start to transfer the data. Are there any special considerations for 1Password?
Will I need to reinstall or reconfigure anything? I’m not getting a Pro this time so I won’t have Face ID anymore.

Comments

• Hi @pdrace,

When opening your app there should be an item in your vault that contains your account password and Secret Key:

1. Open 1Password to your list of all items.
    2. Search for an item named "1Password Account (Your Name)" - putting the name of your account in place of 'Your Name'.
    3. Click or tap 'Reveal' on the password field to see the account password for your account. Your Secret Key is saved in the same item as well.
    4. If you can't find this item, check the Trash.

To be able to access the account from a new device, you will need the information found within this item or within your Emergency Kit.

• pdrace
    pdrace
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply.
    I went ahead with the migration and it was seamless. I was asked to authenticate but I don’t remember having to provide the secret key.

• @pdrace,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to add the account to the new device without issue!
    Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with. 😀

This discussion has been closed.