Would the Chrome 1PW extension work in Arc browser and Raindrop.io?

Options
stuzog
stuzog
Community Member
edited May 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

It would be helpful to be able to install the 1PW extension into the Arc browser and Raindrop.io Web view of a link to be able to log in to a site directly.

1Password Version: 8.10.6
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: macOS 13.3.1
Browser:_ Rainbow.io
Referrer: forum-search:Raindrop.io

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@stuzog

You might be able to use Quick Access to accomplish your goal. Get to know Quick Access Let us know if it helps.

• stuzog
    stuzog
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Quick Access is only available if 1P is installed in the app. I'm wondering if it can be installed in these two apps.

• stuzog
    stuzog
    Community Member
    Options

OK, 1P can be installed into Arc, but I don’t see a way of installing it into Raindrop.Io, which also is based on Chrome.

• Hey @stuzog,

That's right, you can install 1Password in the browser in Arc however in order to be able to use it in the Raindrop.io app you will need to install the 1Password app and use Quick Access.

I'm not familiar myself with Raindrop.io, are you able to install other web extensions in it? Any information on how 1Password would be useful or anything that you cannot already achieve with Quick Access would be really helpful as I can pass it on to our team to see if we can make improvements in a future update.

Thanks!

• stuzog
    stuzog
    Community Member
    Options

OK, both 1PW and Raindrop.io Extensions and 1PW Quicklook work in Arc. It took me a while to find them hiding in the three vertical dots at top right of the Web window. Strange place for them.... IMHO!

• @stuzog, thanks for getting back to me.

I agree I also experienced the same trouble in Arc. Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all!

This discussion has been closed.