Hiding toolbar icon in Safari always expires after updating 1Password

Options

I removed this icon from Safari toolbar. But it always returns back after updating 1Password.

1Password Version: 8.10.6
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: macOS 13.3.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• ChrisC1P
    Options

Hi @biu_0w0 thanks for reaching out!

Are you referring to the 1Password icon or the sidebar icon for Safari? Let me know and I'll be happy to help!

• biu_0w0
    biu_0w0
    Community Member
    Options

@ChrisC1P 1Password icon

want:

but after some updates:

• Hey @biu_0w0,

I was able to recreate the behaviour you are seeing and I believe it happens when Safari's history is cleared. Can you confirm if this is something you have Safari set to do often?

1Password for Safari uses Safari's cache to maintain a connection to our encrypted server, and this allows you to save and fill your logins, and more. If the cache is cleared (which happens when browsing history is wiped in Safari), then that connection is broken and it causes the settings return to default as you have experienced. Our team is aware of this behaviour and is currently investigating, including working with our friends at Apple, to determine a viable fix in a future update.

Apologies for the disruption.

ref: dev/core/core#11558

• biu_0w0
    biu_0w0
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

@steph.giles Thanks for replying.
    Since updates are low-frequency, it doesn't matter to me much.
    I'll keep an eye out for recurrence.

• Thanks for your understanding @biu_0w0, let us know if you notice any other strange behaviour related to this.

This discussion has been closed.