Passkey UI bug in browser extension beta

Options

While testing out passkeys in Google - for which I have a number of accounts - I noticed the UI doesn't really do itself justice as it tends to want to fall off the edge of the screen which makes pressing the Save button at the bottom quite difficult. My suggestion would be to move the save button directly beneath whichever account is selected. This would greatly improve things rather than needing to scroll through a long list by happenstance only to work out the save button was just out of view.

Resolving the height issue would also be a big win too. Overall I haven't really noticed much else beyond these two points. Very impressed so far with the first beta release.

1Password Version: 8.10.8
Extension Version: 2.12.0
OS Version: macOS 13.3.1
Browser:_ Edge

Comments

• Hi @c_shaw and @OlivierP

Apologies for the issue you're seeing here when trying to save a passkey into an existing item in your 1Password account and the Save button being cut off. This is already on the radar of the development team to be resolved since the Save button should not be cut off here and remain on screen when selecting an item to add the passkey to. I recommend keeping 1Password in your browser up-to-date so you receive the fix once ready, along with all the other improvements throughout this Open Beta:

ref: dev/core/core#22098

@OlivierP: It's great to hear your thoughts on how saving a passkey inside 1Password could be improved! Could you let me know more about how you'd use this search functionality day-to-day if you have a lot of items for the one website and I'll be happy to get this raised for you.

This discussion has been closed.