Can I delete and then re-create a Family account?

Options
Kpatrick
Kpatrick
Community Member

I have forgotten the password used when I created a Family account associated with my work account.
Can I delete and then re-create a Family account?

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro - Version 22H2
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can I delete and then re-create Family account?

Comments

• Hi @Kpatrick,

We have published a Troubleshooting article in our Knowledgebase that will help you try to recover the account password.

If you believe you know your account password, but it isn't accepted, try these steps:

• Try different variations of the account password, there is no limit to the amount of times you can try.
    • Make sure you're typing lowercase and uppercase letters correctly.
    (If Caps Lock is turned on, the account password field shows a Caps Lock symbol ⇪.)
    • If your account password has spaces, try it with and without spaces.
    • If your account password has accents or special characters, try it with and without them.
    • If you use multiple languages, make sure you're using the correct keyboard layout when you enter your account password.
    • Type your password into a notes app, so you can see that you've entered it correctly. Then copy and paste it into 1Password.

If you still can't access the account, you can start over via the below steps:

Just to make sure you're aware, any items that have been saved in the 1Password account up to this point will not be accessible once the deletion is complete.

1. Open https://start.1password.com/support in a browser, enter the email address your account is under, and click Continue.
    2. Click the blue button in the email you receive to view your account(s).
    3. Click the account you want to delete.
    4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and confirm you'd like to delete the account by clicking delete account.

After you've confirmed the deletion of your original account, you'll then be free to create a new account here: https://1password.com/sign-up/

Once your new account is set up, I recommend making sure to save a copy of your Emergency Kit and take the time to record your account password on it to ensure you always have access to your account.

I hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.