Firefox beta extension has an issue with OneDrive website

Options
DenalB
DenalB
Community Member

I'm using beta build 2.12.2 of the Firefox extension. When opening the OneDrive website, the site is reloading every 6 - 8 seconds. You can see this behavior right on the login screen. When disabling 1Password beta extension, the site works fine. There is no reloading.

Here are 2 videos.
First with the 1Password beta extension enabled and second with the extension disabled.

You don't have to be logged in to the 1Password extension.

Hopefully you are able to reproduce this issue ...

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows beta 8.10.8 (81008024)
Extension Version: Firefox beta 2.12.2 (21200201)
OS Version: Windows 11 Pro 22H2
Browser: Firefox 114.0.1 (64-Bit)

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @DenalB, I was able to reproduce this issue on the OneDrive login page in Firefox. I've reported it to our developers. I'm not quite sure what's happening, but I do hope that we can get eyes on this and come up with a fix for it sooner rather than later.

I really appreciate you letting us know about the behavior!

ref: dev/core/core#22485

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @Joy_1P ! ❤️

Because of this issue, it is impossible to work with OneDrive in Firefox. Let's hope your devs will find a fix. 😊

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DenalB it's definitely a strange find, and I can see how it would be hard to work with OneDrive with it present. I do want to note that I did not run into an issue with OneDrive using the stable version of the extension in Firefox. And the beta seems to work with OneDrive in other browsers. For the time being, I recommend one of those options as a workaround!

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

@Joy_1P

And the beta seems to work with OneDrive in other browsers.

That's why I'm using Microsoft Edge with 1Password beta extension installed with OneDrive at the moment. 😉

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DenalB it may take some time for our devs to address this issue -- feel free to reach out for updates and we'll check on that for you. In the meantime, I hope all is well with OneDrive and the beta extension Edge. If you run into any issues at all there, please let us know.

• TheDave
    TheDave
    Community Member
    Options

The issue also exists in Librewolf and Firefox, using the 1Password Beta extension.

• Thanks for the report @TheDave

This discussion has been closed.