Intermittent issues w1P on iPad Pro: trouble typing into 1P fields. Copy from 1P not always working.

Options
redwardh
redwardh
Community Member
edited June 2023 in iOS

I have been having intermittent issues using 1Password on my iPad Pro (running iPadOS 16.5):

1. I can only copy from a password field successfully once. To copy again, I have to completely close out and restart 1Password, or else the copy no longer works.

2. Glitches unpredictably when typing into 1Password fields in the app. Sometimes, the field won’t accept character entry from the keyboard. Sometimes, the cursor flickers rapidly or the character is greyed out and flickering. Repeated key strokes either on the onscreen keyboard or an attached physical keyboard is necessary to complete a field, but the response in the app is unpredictable.

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: NA
OS Version: iPadOS 16.5
Browser: _ NA
Referrer: forum-search:Trouble typing into 1password on ipad

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @redwardh! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into multiple issues when using 1Password on your iPad Pro. I'll respond below:

I can only copy from a password field successfully once. To copy again, I have to completely close out and restart 1Password, or else the copy no longer works.

I can't reproduce this issue on my iPad. Are you trying to copy the password field from the main 1Password app or from the 1Password extension in Safari? Can you send me a list of steps that I can follow to try to reproduce the issue on my end?

Glitches unpredictably when typing into 1Password fields in the app. Sometimes, the field won’t accept character entry from the keyboard. Sometimes, the cursor flickers rapidly or the character is greyed out and flickering. Repeated key strokes either on the onscreen keyboard or an attached physical keyboard is necessary to complete a field, but the response in the app is unpredictable.

Our developers are working on a fix for an issue where editing certain fields using 1Password for iOS can become unreliable and we hope to release that fix as soon as possible in a future update to 1Password. For the time being, please use another device to edit the fields or use 1Password for Safari to automatically generate and save passwords for websites: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#22207

• redwardh
    redwardh
    Community Member
    Options

Dave - Thanks for the update on the glitching issue! What I am finding with the copy/paste issue is when I open the 1Password app in my iPad Pro and copy from a field (say, a password) into another app, it works correctly the first time. But if I go back to 1Password a second time to copy from a field, the copy does not work. 1Password says “Copied” but nothing is copied to the clipboard.

The workaround is to completely close out 1Password and reopen it again.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@redwardh

Thank you for the additional details. I still haven't been able to reproduce the issue on my end and I'd like to investigate this further. Please reproduce the issue one more time and take note of when the failure to copy the password occurs. Then, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• redwardh
    redwardh
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Dave! Here’s the Support ID number: #RGM-12463-298

• Dave_1P
    Options

@redwardh

Thank you for posting the Support ID. Your diagnostics report has made it to the right team and one of my colleagues will send you a reply over email as soon as possible.

-Dave

ref: RGM-12463-298

• dougsyme
    dougsyme
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issues with 1Password on both my iPad Pro 12.9 (iPadOS 16.5.1) and now my iPhone 14 Pro Max (iOS 16.5.1). I can no longer edit anything in 1Password on my iPad as it just doesn’t work.

Now my iPhone is having the issues, though not as bad. Creating or editing a password field is a nightmare, with characters self deleting of duplicating.

This has been going on for quite a while.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@dougsyme

I'm sorry that you're also running into problems when typing a password. This is a known issue that our developers are working on and hope to fix soon. In the meantime, you can use another device to edit your passwords or use 1Password for Safari to automatically generate and save passwords for websites: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#22207

This discussion has been closed.