Any way to prevent 1Pass from recommending Identities when completing fields?

Options

I'm using 1password a lot and do not like seeing identity items being recommended when filling up fields. Is there a way of hiding these items from being recommended?

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: 2.11.0
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:disable identity address

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hey @TheGreenDuckie

We don't have a preference to not show Identity items, but I do have an idea that might work for you. You could move any such items you have to a new/separate vault, and then exclude that vault from 1Password in your browser. That exclusion is available by right clicking on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar then selecting Settings and scrolling to the bottom of the page. There you should see a list of your vaults with checkboxes next to them. Unchecking one will avoid suggestions for items stored in that vault.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• TheGreenDuckie
    TheGreenDuckie
    Community Member
    Options

Your suggestion works, however, for whoever might look at this in the future, note that if you are using multiple browser profiles or have a habit of resetting your browser often, you'll have to repeat this step multiple times. Hoping 1password could add a "Do not display in browsers" checkbox at some point

• Hey @TheGreenDuckie,

I see where you are coming from, I have put in a request with our product team for consideration in future updates. In the meantime, I hope Ben's suggestion is helpful.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

ref: PB34033837

• TheGreenDuckie
    TheGreenDuckie
    Community Member
    Options

Can I say that 1password is truly amazing? If this actually gets released, it will be the second time one of my suggestions gets implemented into a feature.

Ben's suggestion was indeed helpful and please send my thanks to the rest of the team for their amazing work

• Thank you so much for your kind words @TheGreenDuckie, I have passed them on to the team.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.