Credit card autofill displays credit cards in alphabetical order. Can I set my favorites instead?

Options

The credit cards that I use most often are always near the bottom of the autofill list. This is because the autofill list is arranged alphabetically. I would like to be able to:
1. Set some cards as favorites and have those grouped at the top of the autofill list
2. Set a custom display order
3. Hide some cards from autofill, i.e. I want to store them in 1Password but never want them presented as an autofill option

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:credit card display order

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

You could always name the items so that they appear in your wanted order. For instance, Credit Card 1 HSBC, Credit Card 2 Barclay

• Hi @happycappie, thanks for reaching out!

I'd like to go over each of your points:

1. Set some cards as favorites and have those grouped at the top of the autofill list

You can favourite the Credit Card items that you'd like to appear at the top of the autofill suggestions list. You can do this by selecting the Credit Card item in 1Password then click the kebab menu ( ⋮ ) at the top of the Credit Card item's details and select "Add to Favorites" from the dropdown menu. You should then see a star appear over the Credit Card item's icon.

1. Set a custom display order

If you'd like to order the cards, you can use the method that @danco referred to by naming each Credit Card item using the format Credit Card # Card-Provider-Name. Adjusting the number will then change the order.

1. Hide some cards from autofill, i.e. I want to store them in 1Password but never want them presented as an autofill option

For any item's you would like to hide while using 1Password in your browser, you can create a new vault to store the items, then disable the vault in the 1Password extension's settings. Here's how you can do that:

1. Create a new vault to store the items you'd like hidden: Create and share vaults
    2. Open your browser.
    3. Click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and unlock it if prompted.
    4. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, then select "Settings" in the dropdown menu.
    5. On the 1Password extension's settings page, click Accounts & Vaults.
    6. Locate the the vault you created to hide your items and deselect it.

Let us know how things work out and if you have any questions. I look forward to hearing from you!

This discussion has been closed.