Family management

Options
ae6dx
ae6dx
Community Member

I'm not seeing the family management features mentioned in your blog post. My iphone says 1password is up to date. Was a new version released today that I'm missing?

Comments

• BobBarker
    BobBarker
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here - the video "help" contains not a single clue how to use the enhancement, no indication if this is a new version or anything!! Who is responsible for customer communications?

• BobBarker
    BobBarker
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Todays announcement was, frankly, completely devoid of any indication as to whether this is an existing feature or a new feature. There was no indication of how to use it, nor if an upgrade was required or anything. The only location in the App where I can see any reference to "Manage Accounts" is in the Family Menu, clicking the link provides no indication of what, if anything to do next. What on earth is the announcement for, how can I use it, or, should I use it??

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.7 (81007041)
    Extension Version:
    OS Version: 13.4.1 (22F82)
    Browser:_ Safari
    Referrer: forum-search:Manage accounts

• Radicchio
    Radicchio
    Community Member
    Options

I’m not support—I’m a customer. Just commenting to say I was having this issue and then noticed that the blog post says the new features are coming “later this week” for iOS. Not sure if that was originally there or added later. Either way, the email blast linking to the blog post does not specify the wait time for iOS and actually says you “now” have new features on “your phone or computer.”

Communication could have been much clearer. Disappointing to get an email advertising a new feature available “now” when many of us actually have to keep waiting.

• JoeBloeC7
    JoeBloeC7
    Community Member
    Options

I don't think they released it yet. The video in the blog states that it will be available for iOS later this week and in macOS today. I looked and could not find it at all. I think they're just a little delayed and will probably release it in a day or two.

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks!

Thanks so much for your interest in these new features. We're working hard to get them out to everyone. They're currently available on desktop (check for updates if you're not seeing them). Our latest iOS app update is currently going through the App Store approval process. As soon as this is complete, this feature will become available to all iOS users using the latest version of the 1Password app.

We've updated our blog post to make this more clear. I hope that helps! If you're still having trouble please reply here or reach out to support@1password.com via email and we'd be happy to troubleshoot.

Ben

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

The current implementation is very minimalist (I checked with today's nightly release). It improves transparency of my account, and I'm able to see some data (email, secret key, account members), however it's mostly read-only and just for reference. I cannot "do" very much except looking at the account.

Is it planned to also include in the future:

• password change of own account
    • remove family members
    • change role of family members
    • initiate and manage account recovery for family members
    • revoke individual approved devices
    • manage account vaults
    • billing settings

i. e. everything currently available from 1password.com only?

• Ben
    Options

Hey @Tertius3

I can't say definitively that we'll get to all of those, but this is a v1. We do plan to continue iterating here. 😃

Ben

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben I'm running 1Password for Mac 8.10.8 (81008045) and I see nothing in the app that even remotely looks like the new family management features announced. The blog post says "... navigate to Manage Accounts… from the menu." Well this is not listed on any menu shown. Please advise.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using 1Password for Windows 8.10.9-12 beta build and I'm able to see some functions to manage my family members and my accoun. 👍

• Hi @OAW,

This section can be found by clicking the dropdown menu besides your all vaults (or collections) view, click the menu, choose manage accounts and view the account you're looking into.

Are you unable to see this option?

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_josephine I see it now. Thanks!

• @OAW,

No problem, happy to help!

• Agent007
    Agent007
    Community Member
    Options

In Families, is it possible to create new vaults and add new family members without having everyone else in the family receive the confirmation email? I should think the account owner would be the only one who should get these.

Problem is not only is it confusing to the other family members about what they are getting, thus creating a bunch of questions, but I've got a sister that I need to add but she doesn't want our other sister to get a confirmation email.

I'm sure you all know how complicated "families" can be. 🙄

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Agent007

Only family organizers should be receiving such emails. If there are instances where that hasn't been the case, please forward us the details to support@1password.com so we can investigate. 😄

Ben

• Agent007
    Agent007
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Ben for pointing me in the right direction. The person in question was in the Family Organizer role, so I switched them to the Family Member role. Problem solved. Thanks for the nudge!

• GreyM1P
    Options

@Agent007

That would do it! I'm glad Ben was able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.