Problem with Alfred - 1Password integration

Options
FarisNajem2023
FarisNajem2023
Community Member
edited June 2023 in CLI

Hi every one,

Since I started working on Alfred, I have repeatedly tried to run the 1Password workflow, but it never works. It just displays some options, for example, in "1Password Extras" it shows "manage vaults", and when I try to select one, it asks me to sign into my account, and after I attempt to sign in, everything disappears. The attached gif below demonstrates the problem. That's exactly what happens in other options.

I have done everything I know to run the workflow. For example, I installed the 1Password CLI and configured it in the 1Password settings as shown in the attached image below.
The debugger report is a little bit long to put it in this post, but it starts with this:

[18:39:29.604] Logging Started...
[18:39:33.794] STDERR: 1Password[Run Script] panic: runtime error: index out of range [0] with length 0

Any help please?

macOS Catalina 10.15.7
Alfred 5.1.1
1Password 8.10.7

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Catalina 10.15.7
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• FarisNajem2023
    FarisNajem2023
    Community Member
    Options

Nice! Nobody answered!

I don't know what it means that an app as important and universal as 1password has no way to respond to requests for help.
    For more than a week I've been trying to get help to no avail. There is no chat for instant messaging on the application site, there is no email for correspondence, there is only a form for sending messages via this link (https://support.1password.com/) and when I sent two messages through this form, no one answered me. I searched the junke box in my email, I checked all the boxes, and I couldn't find any message. Four days ago, I contacted an employee who had previously contacted me because of a problem with purchasing the application, and this employee did not respond to me.

In all of these requests, I used the same email I used to create my 1PAssword account.
    And after all this inability to get help, I posted this post above in a place where I am supposed to get an answer from the application team! No one has answered so far.

What if it is more urgent, for example, that I lost all my sensitive information for some reason, and then I need urgent help from the support team?

Does anyone explain to me the reason for this failure to communicate with customers in a timely manner?

Honestly, I'm starting to regret buying this app!

• Hi @FarisNajem2023 , and thank you for your patience!

Our team members have tried to reproduce this but with no success. The workflow seems to throw informative errors if the CLI isn't connected in 1Password preferences. We tried denying Alfred and 1Password permissions in System Settings and all sorts of things and neither could break it, or got informative errors.

The problem seems to be an Alfred workflow error (an index out of range for some iterable object passed to a "run script" workflow step that isn't named in the log excerpt) so I think we need the full debug logs to make any more meaningful progress here.

Another point of direction would be to check the Alfred forums.

And yet some other pointers that aren't super promising but are worth giving a shot, are:

• see if uninstalling and re-installing the workflow (and thus really forcing a re-configuration of it) works
    • See if signing into your account using op in the command line works

Hope this helps a bit! Best,
    Andi

This discussion has been closed.