Offline Items list in 1Password for Mac

Options
mdaniel
mdaniel
Community Member
edited June 2023 in Mac

In the new 8.10.8 update there's now an scary "disconnected" looking icon, which if one clicks on it takes to a "Offline Items" list

However, try as I might, there doesn't seem to be any way to fix what it is complaining about. I tried being tricky by right-clicking on the item and moving it to a different Vault, thinking that would "wake it up" but no joy

What is the fix and why doesn't the 1Password app tell me what it expects me to do about this?

1Password Version: 8.10.8
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: macOS 12.6.7
Browser: n/a

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @mdaniel!

I'm sorry that you're seeing an offline indicator and offline items when using 1Password for Mac. The latest version of 1Password added a feature to reveal offline items that haven't synced to your account due to an issue: If your device is offline, you’ll now see an Offline Items list in the sidebar if you’ve made changes that aren’t yet saved in your 1Password account.

Those offline items would have been there before, 1Password now has the ability to warn you about them so that we can help you resolve the situation. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

Note: Please don't modify any files or remove your account from the app until our team has had a chance to review your diagnostics report.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• mdaniel
    mdaniel
    Community Member
    Options

The email subject contained #EKB-44327-222 which I presume is the Support ID number

Be aware that there was some followup drama because the diagnostic report attachment was too big for the support ticketing system, so ideally that limit would be increased, or the diagnostic bundle compressed more heavily in order to avoid having to use a subsequent file upload link when interacting with support in the future

I will try to remember to post in this thread after this is resolved in order to help others who have this same concern

• Dave_1P
    Options

@mdaniel

Thank you for posting the Support ID. We'll look to see how we can improve the compression of diagnostics reports in the future.

I will try to remember to post in this thread after this is resolved in order to help others who have this same concern

Although I appreciate your willingness to help, I would caution against posting the resolution for your issue here. The instructions that you receive from our support team will be tailored to your exact situation and might result in data loss for another person if that person follows those same instructions without the team reviewing a diagnostics report from their device first.

-Dave

ref: EKB-44327-222

• nerakin
    nerakin
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I'm having the same issue. Should I do the same in sending my diagnostic report?

• pONd74
    pONd74
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi, I'm having the same issue. I have 26 items.
    Here is my support ID: [#EMP-37184-446]

Björn

• ianto
    ianto
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I have the same issue with 19 items, it's causing me anxiety, please help.
    My support ID is #QAA-94931-552

• xtianpaiva
    xtianpaiva
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Same here, 26 offline items..., can't fix. Support ID: #EDA-84783-365

UPDATE: This worked for me --> https://www.reddit.com/r/1Password/comments/14miubu/comment/jq4ch2m/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

• jbyers
    jbyers
    Community Member
    Options

30 offline items. Support ID #HKZ-71481-351

• marcel12
    marcel12
    Community Member
    Options

Same here: two offline items.
    Don't know how to fix this.

• pONd74
    pONd74
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

I just logged out of the 1Password-App and logged back in. The offline items are gone.

• ianto
    ianto
    Community Member
    Options

Same thing worked for me. Since support is not responding to me, I'm glad that I tried.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@nerakin and @marcel12

Our team can help you save or remove the offline items depending on the situation. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• Dave_1P
    edited July 2023
    Options

@pONd74, @ianto, @jbyers, and @xtianpaiva

Thanks you for posting the Support ID, my colleagues will review the diagnostics reports that you sent in and send you a reply. The team is working to get a response out to everyone as soon as possible and we appreciate your patience.

⚠️ Warning: As stated above, please don't log out of your account or follow instructions meant for another person before you hear back from our team unless you first confirm that you see all of your items in a complete and correct state when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app).

While logging out of the app will get rid of the offline message that you see it may also purge items that are stuck on your device and not backed up to your account on 1Password.com. I recommend that you wait until our support team can send you tailored responses after reviewing your diagnostics reports.

-Dave

ref: EMP-37184-446
    ref: EDA-84783-365
    ref: HKZ-71481-351
    ref: QAA-94931-552

• marcel12
    marcel12
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave,

In the meantime I have found a simple solution that worked for me:
    https://1password.community/discussion/comment/689620/#Comment_689620
    For now I will leave it with this.

Thanks,
    Marcel

• ianto
    ianto
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @Dave_1P — support has written back and confirmed my solution was the correct one. I had of course confirmed I had duplicates or no longer needed the items in question before logging out.

As a feedback, there should of course be a note that tells people that logging out removes any "offline items", even though it didn't cause any issue for me.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@ianto

I'm happy to hear that the team was able to confirm the solution to your situation with you.

A warning when logging out of an account sounds like a good idea and we have an existing work item open to look into that for the future. I've passed along your feedback there. Thanks for the suggestion!

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#15484

• nerakin
    nerakin
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P thank you. I've done that and my support reference ID is #YYZ-23652-855

• Dave_1P
    Options

@nerakin

Thanks for posting the Support ID. One of my colleagues will send you a reply as soon as possible.

-Dave

ref: YYZ-23652-855

• mudasar187
    mudasar187
    Community Member
    Options

I have some offline items i cant get synced. I tried to click "Sync offline items" but getting this message

Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: macOS 13.14.1
    Browser: Not Provided

• Berlinjames
    Berlinjames
    Community Member
    Options

Dear 1Password team,

My support ID: [#MSX-99235-992]

I have several passwords identified as offline items. When I select 'Sync offline items', all I get is the list of offline items. What do I have to do so that they are no longer offline?

1Password for Mac 8.10.8 (81008045)

Best regards,
    George

Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Mac 13.4.1
    Browser: Not Provided

• Dave_1P
    Options

@mudasar187

Our team can help you resolve the offline items. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

-Dave

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Berlinjames

Thank you for posting the Support ID, your email made it to the right team and one of my colleagues will send you a reply as soon as possible.

-Dave

ref: MSX-99235-992

• mudasar187
    mudasar187
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Dear 1Password team,

My support ID: [#VYD-98591-716]

• tullyhansen
    tullyhansen
    Community Member
    Options

Hi all! Another with 8 unsynced items showing here… support ID #PZU-55134-443. Cheers!

• GreyM1P
    Options

@mudasar187 @tullyhansen

Thanks both. We've got them, and the team will be in touch with you as soon as they can.

• krbr
    krbr
    Community Member
    Options

I also have this problem, offline items that cannot be synced, but an empty list of offline items. Support id [#REX-76584-298]. Thanks in advance!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@krbr

Thanks for posting the Support ID, one of my colleagues will send you a reply with instructions for your specific situation as soon as possible.

-Dave

ref: REX-76584-298

• hoofdletterj
    hoofdletterj
    Community Member
    Options

On the first day of saying goodbye to my perpetual license that turned out not to be not perpetual, I'm having the issue of offline items. Even after locking and unlocking the app my account on my laptop keeps being offline :S

Sent a report, but never got a reply from the bot, nor a human colleague so there's no ticket ID :S

Severely unimpressed by 1password as of yet.

Please advise on how to continue. I NEED MY 1PASSWORD, WORKING!

• @hoofdletterj

I found that report. Thanks! Someone will be with you as soon as possible.

ref: VKY-93269-936

This discussion has been closed.