Cannot unlock via Chrome extension, only Mac app?

Options
satori83
satori83
Community Member
edited July 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Ever since upgrading to 1password8 I constantly have issues with not being able to unlock the extension. I reverted to using version 7 for a while hoping the bugs would get fixed but the problems remain. I click the extension and enter the correct password when prompted but the app closes and it stays locked. However, if I open the app first and enter the same password, it unlocks and works fine until it's locked again. I have tried disabling other extensions and reinstalling them. I am using Mac Ventura and the latest Chrome. Here's a video of the issue:
https://share.cleanshot.com/GldpjTbT

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.8 (81008045)
Extension Version: 2.12.0
OS Version: 13.2.1 (22D68)
Browser: Version 114.0.5735.198 (Official Build) (arm64)

Comments

• kevin.li
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi @satori83,

I'm sorry to hear the trouble you went through, and it does sound like a tracking issue we are investigating.

May I confirm if your 1Password icon stayed in the top menu bar?

If not, I can confirm you are running into a known issue we are tracking. With this particular issue, if you don't have the 1Password icon in the top menu bar area, and you're unlocking 1Password by clicking the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and entering your account password, it will not unlock, like you experienced. I've passed along the details of your experience to our development team as they continue to investigate and I apologize for any inconvenience.

In the meantime, as long as "Keep 1Password in the menu bar" is enabled you shouldn't experience this issue. You can enable it with the following steps:

1. Open "1Password.app" (you can find it under that Applications folder) and have it in focus.
    • You don't need to unlock your account here
    1. Click the 1Password menu on the top-left corner beside the .
    2. Select Settings....
    3. Under the General tab.
    4. Enable Keep 1Password in the menu bar as shown below:

Test it again with 1Password icon in the menu bar and let me know if it helps with the issue.

ref: dev/core/core#22007

This discussion has been closed.