Why am I repeatedly asked for the master password when using 1password?

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Why am I repeatedly asked for the master password when using 1password?.

Comments

• edward1234
    edward1234
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

I have been with 1password for a long time. Like a really long time. Recently I am losing my love for this new system. Every time I need a password, I must put in the 1password master. 1password sometimes allows me to add from the system and sometimes doesn't recognize it. The system used to be simple, and I just clicked yes. NOW I HAVE TO ADD THE MASTER PASSWORD 20 TIMES A DAY! I am a Mac user, so this was a great system. my wife is a Samsung user, so she asks why we are not using the Samsung setup...seriously after all these years, and it looks like I have to change my password system. I am so highly annoyed. The old system worked. If I wanted to type a password every time i need a password, I would use a book and pencil!

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @edward1234! 👋

I'm sorry that you're being asked to enter your account password more often than you should be on your Mac. You can have 1Password lock less often by changing your auto-lock settings: How to set 1Password to lock automatically

If you've already changed your auto-lock settings and are still being asked for your account password too often then let me know and we can troubleshoot further. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.